Archiving Forms and Removing App Versions

jol...@nd.edu

Dec 5, 2017, 1:03:01 PM12/5/17
to commcare-users
I have had two issues come up while using CommCare this week.

First, I have been attempting to archive a form submission all day, but it seems stuck. I have refreshed a few times, but to no avail. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't a wider issue.

Second, I am unable to delete versions of the app. This functionality used to work for me, but now it doesn't. There is no "x" or "delete" button anywhere on the page that I can see. I believe that I am the administrator for the CommCare app, so I should have this privilege. Has this functionality been removed or changed? Thanks.

William Pride

Dec 5, 2017, 1:40:18 PM12/5/17
to commcare-users
Hello,

To (1) I'm unaware of any issue with archiving forms at the moment - if this issue persists, please report a bug so someone on our team can look.

To (2), there should be a black trash bin icon at the top right corner of the versions page (see attached)

Cheers,
Will

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 1.31.52 PM.png

jol...@nd.edu

Dec 5, 2017, 1:50:26 PM12/5/17
to commcare-users
Hi Will,

I will try to archive a form tomorrow and if it doesn't work, I will report a bug.

There is no black trash bin icon at the top right corner of the versions page (see attached). I am the Admin user of the app.

Thanks.
Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 1.48.02 PM.png

Clayton Sims

Dec 5, 2017, 4:52:30 PM12/5/17
to commcare-users
Hi,

Is the issue with archiving the form that the system doesn't respond after clicking on the button, or that the button is missing. If a form creates a case which is modified by later forms I believe you must archive all of the forms which edit the case before archiving the create form, which may be the source of confusion.

If the button exists but the system isn't responding properly, please go ahead and submit a bug from CommCareHQ so our team can investigate.

Cheers,
-Clayton

jol...@nd.edu

Dec 6, 2017, 8:56:23 AM12/6/17
to commcare-users
Hi Clayton,

The issue is that the system doesn't respond after pushing the button. However, it seems to be working properly today.

Any idea why I can't remove app versions?

Clayton Sims

Dec 6, 2017, 11:23:21 AM12/6/17
to commcare-users
I think the missing delete button must be related to permissions somehow.

Can you confirm that your web user in fact has all of the relevant permissions granted on the Web Users console in HQ? There are definitely permissions which would prevent a user from being able to delete an app version. If your user has all of the permissions granted, i'd report that as a bug and we can look into if something strange is happening.

-Clayton

jol...@nd.edu

Dec 6, 2017, 12:09:57 PM12/6/17
to commcare-users
Hi Clayton,

As I stated initially, I am the Admin user so I ought to have permission. I will report the bug. Thanks.