guiDesigner - How to close a subpage

Jane House

Jan 14, 2015, 4:45:42 PM1/14/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I have a Default page with a Subpage in it "SlideAudo". When I click a button on the Default page, a sliding panel "movesIn" (that's my subpage with a transition). But to close the panel I want to use a different button that is located on the subpage itself. How do I tell that new button to close the subpage that it's on (with same moveIn transition)? Those sliding panels are sort of like iOS panels if you know what I mean. Thanks!

Barry Gordon

Jan 14, 2015, 4:50:29 PM1/14/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Have the button on the subpages set the digital join of the subpages to zero. I viewer will do the rest

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 14, 2015, at 4:45 PM, Jane House <tage...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a Default page with a Subpage in it "SlideAudo". When I click a button on the Default page, a sliding panel "movesIn" (that's my subpage with a transition). But to close the panel I want to use a different button that is located on the subpage itself. How do I tell that new button to close the subpage that it's on (with same moveIn transition)? Those sliding panels are sort of like iOS panels if you know what I mean. Thanks!

Jarrod Bell

Jan 14, 2015, 6:34:41 PM1/14/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
The easiest method is to add a button like Barry mentioned, on the same join as the subpage.
Then set the button to toggle mode. This way, when the subpage slides in, the button will be in 'active' state.
Then the next time you press it, the button (and it's join) will change to 'inactive' state, which will cause the subpage to also close.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Barry Gordon

Jan 14, 2015, 6:50:09 PM1/14/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
As usual I left out the details...

Sent from my iPhone

Jane House

Jan 16, 2015, 10:18:42 AM1/16/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thanks all. It's working!

Barry Gordon

Jan 16, 2015, 11:35:00 AM1/16/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com

Some may wonder why in most of my initial replies I leave out details, which often Jarrod follows up with. Our goals are different.  Jarrod wants to help people use the CF products as he should. I was an educator and still am, so I supply enough info to get a little research started.

As my father used to remind me:

                Feed a man a fish, feed a man for a day; teach a man to fish, feed a man for a lifetime.

IMHO the role of an educational facility is to teach one how to learn. The high school I went to did just that, so for me college was easy.