iViewer crashes if using tcp system with dialog mode

Tulio

Oct 28, 2013, 4:19:16 PM10/28/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Trying to use dialog mode, but had some problems:

1- If I use "answer timeout" bigger > 0, the connection is closed right after send a command, doesn't wait for feedback

2- With "answer timeout" = 0 and "inactivity timeout" >0, app crashes if the answer comes after inactivity timeout. Sometimes doesn't crash, but feedback doesn't come in ascii

3- With "answer timeout" = 0 and "inactivity timeout" =0, seems to work, but cannot process feedback

test scenario:
gui attached
hercules tcp server
iPhone 4S iOS 6.1.3 iViewer 4.0.288 and iRemoteControl V4.0.290
iPad mini iOS 7.0.3 iViewer 4.0.288 and iRemoteControl V4.0.290

Didn't provide crash log because it is easy to simulate.

Please let me know if there is a combination of timeouts that I can use. I need to send a command, receive a feedback and disconnects, to allow another iPad send commands too.

dialog_mode.gui

Jarrod Bell

Oct 28, 2013, 11:29:45 PM10/28/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Please try replacing the "tcp-client.json" system file in your "CommandFusion/systems" folder (most likely in Project Files, but otherwise wherever you installed it to) with the attached file.

Then restart guiDesigner and edit your system preferences again and save your project.

I believe there is an issue with the way the system definition is saved in the released json file, so this should fix it.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

tcp-client.json

Tulio

Oct 29, 2013, 6:46:47 AM10/29/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com, jar...@commandfusion.com
so much better.
still have problems when I try to use both timeouts = 0 (app crashes)
If I try both timeouts = 5000, app doesn't hold the connection to wait the feedback

but for now, I can use it, with idle timeout = 300 and answer timeout =0

I'll do more tests later

thanks