Accessing unraid password protected share with CF.request?

Michael Lorenzen

Mar 27, 2023, 9:30:16 PM3/27/23
to CommandFusion Software

I'm using CF.request to pull files (xml, images, etc) from my unraid server media share.  Apparently, an update to that enforced a root password, which means that the CF.request is no longer retrieving the xml etc files, but is getting redirected to a login page.

Cf.request("http://1.2.3.4/mnt/user/SHARE/PATH/TO/FILE.xml", callbackFunction)

Since I can't remove the password without permanently downgrading, is there a way to provide the login information to the server, either through the CF.request call, or some otehr means?

thanks,
mike l.

DIYJeff

Mar 28, 2023, 1:36:10 PM3/28/23
to CommandFusion Software
mike,
  Check the documentation for CF.request , it has multiple overloads that allow for headers where you should be able to add the authorization with userid and password.

Michael Lorenzen

Apr 1, 2023, 9:52:35 PM4/1/23
to CommandFusion Software
Thanks Jeff!
Yeah, I had seen that, and already tried it, and it didn't work.  I'm not sure if the site has to be configured to take a username/password in an auth header, or that I just authored that incorrectly (*entirely* possible, likely even).

-m

DIYJeff

Apr 2, 2023, 8:03:30 PM4/2/23
to CommandFusion Software
Mike,
  It looks like UnRaid maybe restricted to the forms login, see https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/prereleases/enable-basic-auth-for-68-r765/

Jeff

Michael Lorenzen

Dec 19, 2023, 7:45:08 PM12/19/23
to CommandFusion Software
as a late revisit to this, on a suggestion from the unraid forums, I added a nginx docker container, and configured it.  this got a browser instance working serving the static content without needing a login.  However, when I replicated that in
guidesigner (in the js), I got an error loading the content, which I believe boils down to:

document.write('<p class="error">Browser cookie support required for login</p>');

I don't know what else I can do at this point, as this is the main driver for why I have commandfusion and unraid at all.  It's starting to look like commandfusion is approaching EOL, since it hasn't gotten any updates in quite a while, which would be a shame since there doesn't seem to be a viable replacement.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted