iViewer 5 Discussion

Aaron Green

Mar 6, 2014, 9:22:14 PM3/6/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
This is the place to talk about the upcoming iViewer 5. As details can be made public, we will update this thread.

You can ask questions, we will answer if we can.

iViewer 5 Details:

  • There is no estimated release date at this point - DON'T ASK! We will provide a release date as soon as we can.
  • iViewer 5 will be iOS7+ only. Previous versions of iOS will not be supported. This is so we can take advantage of some of the more advanced features of iOS7 without worrying about breaking features for older devices
  • iViewer 4 will continue to be available. We will continue to maintain it and fix any bugs that come to our attention.
  • The modular framework will be released as part of iViewer 5
  • All settings will be "in-app"
    • This allows for settings to be password protected
    • Multiple GUI file URLs will be available (multiple profiles)
    • Share settings between iOS devices on the same network

Plus much more... keep watching this discussion for more details!

ba...@the-gordons.net

Mar 6, 2014, 11:17:21 PM3/6/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately I have no iPads capable of running IOS 7 so this decision will not allow me to partake in the Module beta test program.  I just finished a JS module for the ISY994 controller that is fully self contained, has a simple command interface and provides feedback for all changes of state that occur to devices under control of the ISY994. I was going to use this for the beta test.

Jarrod Bell

Mar 6, 2014, 11:27:11 PM3/6/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
We will need you in the beta program Barry!! Not even an iPad2 in your arsenal?
I'm sure something can be arranged to get you an iOS7 capable iPad for this purpose. Anyone in USA got an iPad2 they never use? :)

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

ba...@the-gordons.net

Mar 6, 2014, 11:56:31 PM3/6/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Whoops - False Alarm my Development system is an IPad 2.  My production in wall systems are iPad 1's  As long as I can run iViewer 5 and 4 on the same machine there should be no issue.  I just haven't upgraded the iPad2 to IOS7 as I didn't want any issues that I didn't need. I will do that when iViewer 5 comes out..

Nahshon Williams

Mar 7, 2014, 1:59:00 AM3/7/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Will both platforms have a release at the same time?

Jarle Henriksen

Mar 7, 2014, 4:37:22 AM3/7/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Apple only, what about android ???

Jarle

Florent Pillet

Mar 7, 2014, 6:14:52 AM3/7/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Android will get the new features too ! Although we will release the iOS version first.

Florent

--
Florent Pillet - Software Engineering Lead

Clayton Vicente

Mar 7, 2014, 9:50:50 AM3/7/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Ok, can't wait to test it, i will get a new IOS device just to do that, maybe a mini.
Now, the Module feature is awesome, but we will be able to easy import a project inside another project (pages, subpages,lists,themes,sytems,...at once)?
Best Regards
Clayton

---
Sent from Boxer | http://getboxer.com

Florent Pillet

Tulio

Mar 8, 2014, 9:56:39 AM3/8/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Guys, I know you already have great people to help with beta tests, but if you need one more, please count on me (iPad mini, iOS 7). I already have my account in TF waiting for a chance :-)

Jordan

Mar 12, 2014, 8:25:12 AM3/12/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Will CF iViewer still be available on the App Store? We have some projects on the field (on yachts) that would not be easy to transition to newer versions (if only for logistics)

Jarrod Bell

Mar 12, 2014, 8:45:51 AM3/12/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
We plan to remove it sometime soon, simply because it is confusing to new users. Too many users will download CF iViewer without knowing it is not the latest version.
This problem will be amplified once we add iViewer 5 (CF iViewer + iViewer 4 + iViewer 5).

However, as per all app store apps, you remain having the ability to redownload and install the app if you have downloaded it before, associated with your Apple ID.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Bernd

Mar 16, 2014, 8:02:27 AM3/16/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Will the iviewer4 licenses be compatible to iviewer5 ? So i can move my iviewer4 license to iviewer5 and also my project ?

Regards
Bernd

Jarrod Bell

Mar 16, 2014, 8:15:52 PM3/16/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
We will announce more on the licensing when iViewer 5 is closer to release.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Mosey Levy

Mar 17, 2014, 1:33:10 PM3/17/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com, jar...@commandfusion.com
would love to help beta test.

YourMe

Jun 19, 2014, 8:28:05 AM6/19/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
+1 for beta testing

Clayton Vicente

Jun 19, 2014, 9:08:47 AM6/19/14
to CommandFusion Group
Your guys will show the iViewer5 at infocomm2014 or only GuiDesigner with modules ?
Regards
Clayton

Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 05:28:05 -0700
From: bitbyt...@gmail.com
To: comman...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: iViewer 5 Discussion

new2cf

Oct 25, 2014, 11:39:17 AM10/25/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Just like iOS, will there be any minimum Android version restriction too?

Jarrod Bell

Oct 25, 2014, 10:34:26 PM10/25/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Most definitely. Android version will not be released at the same timeframe as iOS, so will know more at a later date.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

On 10/26/2014 2:39 AM, new2cf wrote:
Just like iOS, will there be any minimum Android version restriction too?

derickalba

Dec 17, 2014, 12:33:55 AM12/17/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Any updates on iviewer 5?

arman...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2015, 10:08:59 PM6/20/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
+1
I think the CF group really needs to share more details about iViewer. It has been months since any info was released and we still do not know even a rough ETA or description of new features (except for module support)

On Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at 9:33:55 PM UTC-8, derickalba wrote:
Any updates on iviewer 5?

Jarrod Bell

Jun 21, 2015, 12:09:38 AM6/21/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com, arman...@gmail.com
We don't share full details for many reasons. But rest assured once the functionality is ready for prime time, we will be making a big splash.

Jarrod

Scott Ahlers

Arman Samimi

Jun 21, 2015, 2:16:56 PM6/21/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your answer Jarrod.
I understand your reservations, but I think publishing some sort of roadmap is a good business strategy which signals to the users that the product is actively being developed and encourages them to stick to the platform even if their current needs are not being met. You can of course accompany it with a full disclaimer to cover yourself when development falls behind schedule.
Nevertheless, I look forward to see what you guys have in the store for iViewer. My personal top 3 are:

1. Resolution indepedant i.e. layouts (I know it is hard to do but would be pretty amazing and a game changer if pulled off)
2. Cheaper OEM branding for small integrators (not necessarily related to the iViewer 5 but a request nonetheless)
3. Device camera/microphone and SIP support (for intercom applications)

On June 20, 2015 at 9:09:42 PM, Jarrod Bell (jar...@commandfusion.com) wrote:

We don't share full details for many reasons. But rest assured once the functionality is ready for prime time, we will be making a big splash.

Jarrod

Jarrod Bell

Jun 21, 2015, 11:12:47 PM6/21/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
We won't be making a public roadmap anytime soon. Many reasons for that, which I won't go into here.
Our products are always actively being developed. We are not standing still.

OEM rebranding is simply a huge painful process when dealing with app submissions to the app store.
For this reason alone, pricing wont be changing. Until the day comes where Apple lets go of the reigns a little.

Keep the feature suggestions coming!

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CommandFusion Software" group.

Arman Samimi

Jun 22, 2015, 1:27:47 AM6/22/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com, Jarrod Bell
Well, thanks for hearing me out!

With regards to the OEM rebranding, correct me if I am wrong but aren't there ways to distribute an app privately? I am not an app developer but I did a quick search and it looks like there are two ways this can be achieved:
1. Apple's B2B custom app deployment through the Volume Purchase Program: https://developer.apple.com/programs/volume/b2b/
2. Give the customized app binary to the dealer and allow them to redistribute the app using enterprise in-house distribution:

If these methods are viable, you would be practically off loading the hassle of dealing with Apple to the dealer. From my limited understanding, the only thing needed would be to rebundle the app with a new name, icon and splash screen.

arman...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2015, 11:50:02 PM7/6/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com, jar...@commandfusion.com
Hi Jarrod,

Any thoughts on my post below?

Jarrod Bell

Jul 7, 2015, 12:01:47 AM7/7/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Yes, but none that need to be discussed here in a public forum :)

Basically, there is no approach that is as simple as you would expect as an outsider looking in. There is much more to it than would appear.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Jamie Owst

Apr 13, 2016, 9:06:18 AM4/13/16
to CommandFusion Software
any more details on iViewer 5 ?

vmailtk5

Apr 13, 2016, 9:36:37 AM4/13/16
to commandfusion
Just the usual "There is no estimated release date at this point - DON'T ASK! We will provide a release date as soon as we can." Try asking again next year, lol

On 13 April 2016 at 14:06, Jamie Owst <jamie...@gmail.com> wrote:
any more details on iViewer 5 ?

Jarrod Bell

Apr 13, 2016, 6:46:59 PM4/13/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Watch this space.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

On 13/04/2016 11:06 PM, Jamie Owst wrote:
any more details on iViewer 5 ?

Constance Lee

Bernd

Sep 16, 2016, 7:01:05 AM9/16/16
to CommandFusion Software
HI,

will there be a component which can show a RGB Code as Color ?
I would need that very much :)

THX

Jarrod Bell

Sep 16, 2016, 7:24:34 AM9/16/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you will be able to set the background color of an image object using RGB or hex codes (CSS color strings).

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Chap

Sep 29, 2016, 6:02:30 PM9/29/16
to CommandFusion Software
I am just looking at the beta now, and am pleased by the new licensing methods .
An issue come up with Crestron Mobile, in that device uuids are used to differentiate multiple iPads Crestron ids.
Currently, I have to edit config js to enter the uuids each time a customer swaps out An iPad.
This has been just as painful as the licensing issue for me.
Could we somehow use the new license token scheme here as well?
Then the js would be stable and not require editing.

Thoughts?
TIA,
Chap Cory

Jarrod Bell

Oct 3, 2016, 3:17:37 AM10/3/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
The token cannot be accessed within your JS scripts.
Instead of the uuid, you could use the iPads name, then when a new iPad is swapped out, just have to make sure the name matches.

You could even look at requesting the config data from a remote server (google drive, your own web server, etc), then a simple update on your side would be reflected on any iPad that requests the data.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Chap Cory

Oct 3, 2016, 12:44:19 PM10/3/16
to CommandFusion Software
The iPad name is probably easier, clients would /could/should keep it the same, renam old one if theyre keeping it.
thanks
chap

Chap Cory

Oct 3, 2016, 6:20:02 PM10/3/16
to CommandFusion Software
Jarrod,

Tried The name method in Crestron Mobile...works fine.
 I noticed that actually, a new UUID was created for my test ipad with new licence technique.
Which means I cant have both a V4 and a V5 license for one iPad.

Q:
Can I exchange an V4 license for a V5?  (I know I cant go back)

The other comment is:
FOLDERS IN GUIDesigner! Wow!

Chap Cory

Oct 3, 2016, 6:51:37 PM10/3/16
to CommandFusion Software

Next comment- Guidesigner V5

Still cant easily edit subpages which exceed the height of my screen without the position of cursor jumping back.
see conversation from 2011:  Editing a long subpage in Guidesigner

I have resorted to editing the texr files.

Chap

Jarrod Bell

Oct 4, 2016, 1:30:19 AM10/4/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Are you using the marquee tool? This was fixed.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Jarrod Bell

Oct 4, 2016, 1:32:38 AM10/4/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
The UUID should be unique for the app. Your existing iV4 license should not be affected. If you are seeing the same (new) UUID being generated by iViewer 4 and 5, please let us know so we can investigate.

There is no upgrade path for iV4 license to iV5 license. This is a new major release requiring a new license.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Chap Cory

Oct 4, 2016, 3:02:12 PM10/4/16
to CommandFusion Software
I just checked. The uuids are different as you said, based on the APP

Bernd

Oct 19, 2016, 3:14:06 AM10/19/16
to CommandFusion Software
Hi,
will there be a Siri integration in viewer other than Speech-to-text ?

Regards
Bernd

Jarrod Bell

Oct 19, 2016, 10:20:50 AM10/19/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Not yet. Waiting for Apple to open it up more.
The latest move with Siri is still not open enough for us. Very limited as to what sorts of apps can use it.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Barry Gordon

Oct 19, 2016, 11:38:29 AM10/19/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Has Apple opened up the ability to turn the backlight on and off? If so then will iViewer 5 be able to do that as a CF function, and maybe retrofit it to iViewer4?

Sent from my iPad

Jarrod Bell

Oct 20, 2016, 1:29:43 AM10/20/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com