Crestron Slider Setup

Jason Andersen

Mar 9, 2013, 11:21:23 PM3/9/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
So I can get the basics to work meaning I can add a slider and send the value to Crestron as an analog input and change the volume.  I can add a gauge with the volume feedback but it jitters because the feedback is lagging behind the slider, I get why, I just don't know how to fix it.

The other problem with using the gauge like this is then when the volume changes by another interface the gauge will change but of course the slider does not.

Anybody know what needs to happen to make a Crestron slider work?

Jarrod Bell

Mar 10, 2013, 11:10:23 PM3/10/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
A slider updates from feedback exactly the same way a gauge does.

But if you want to show the slider state locally before the feedback is received, then you enable simulation mode.

But then if you ONLY want to show real feedback after the slider is released, you might have to do some more work - only parse the feedback from the slider whilst the sliders digital join is low (so whilst the slider is not being pressed).
The existing Crestron solutions don't offer this option, so you would have to craft it yourself with some JavaScript.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com