guiDesigner BETA for TestFlight users is now available for download

Jarrod Bell

Jul 11, 2013, 11:16:02 PM7/11/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
For those of you in our private beta testing program, TestFlight, you can grab a copy of guiDesigner BETA v2.7.0.709 from the following link:

This adds some new features and changes that will only work in the TestFlight version.

Please DO NOT use this version if you are not running our iViewer TF app (iViewer TF v4.0.272 or above)

Jarrod

Barry Gordon

Jul 12, 2013, 9:25:51 AM7/12/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com

I would like to keep both the new beta of guiDesigner (709) and the current one I use (530) in my system.  I tried installing the new Beta to a different location. That would not work as it seemed to remove the old version (530). The ideal situation (on a PC) would be able to install both. Use the extension assignment to auto launch the normal one, and be able to use the new one (709) by opening it and then opening a project. Logically this should work, but does not.  Any suggestions? I need the older version for my production system, but would like to play with the newer version.

If I use the newer version, but none of the newer features, will the gui file be compatible with the current versions of iViewer and iViewer Next?

Florent Pillet

Jul 12, 2013, 10:47:39 AM7/12/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Yes only if you do not make use of the "Control System" that was configurable in the Project Properties. We removed that from there, as multiple control systems are now possible. Everything has been grouped into Systems (and existing control system is automatically transferred there).

Florent

--
Florent Pillet - Software Engineering Lead

Barry Gordon

Jul 12, 2013, 11:05:08 AM7/12/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com

Excellent.  I did not see the advanced configuration options for TCP (dialog, timeout, etc.). Are they yet to be included?  Also I got a dialog box on load having to do with an inability to find a plugin.  I don't use any plugins, but there were some loaded under version 530. The dialog is just a PIA but does not seem to hurt anything

Florent Pillet

Jul 12, 2013, 11:44:02 AM7/12/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
This is probably related to the missing plugin. I'm not sure about what's going on here - Jarrod will be able to help with this. If you don't see a list of options in the dialog that opens when you double-click one of your external systems, then yes there's certainly a plugin missing.

Florent

On Jul 12, 2013, at 5:05 PM, Barry Gordon <ba...@the-gordons.net> wrote:

Excellent.  I did not see the advanced configuration options for TCP (dialog, timeout, etc.). Are they yet to be included?  Also I got a dialog box on load having to do with an inability to find a plugin.  I don't use any plugins, but there were some loaded under version 530. The dialog is just a PIA but does not seem to hurt anything

Barry Gordon

Jul 12, 2013, 12:06:17 PM7/12/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I reinstalled guiDesigner 709. Dialog re plugin came up for tools.dll. The path is correct in the dialog and the error stated is could not be loaded. I.e. c:/program files (x86)/. . ./tools.dll could not be loaded.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad

Jarrod Bell

Jul 12, 2013, 11:46:24 PM7/12/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Try installing it onto another computer then simply copying the folder into a new place on your main PC. Bit of an annoying work around, but should work fine - just means that you wont be able to uninstall it (as nothing will be added to the Control Panel > Programs and Software config.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Jarrod Bell

Jul 13, 2013, 1:05:12 AM7/13/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
You can just delete the DLL files in the plugins folder if you like, specifically tools.dll.
Any plugin DLLs you were using in previous builds will not work with this new build until they are updated to support our new plugin DLL methods.

I have updated the installer (it's still uploading, so give it another 10 mins or so to finish) to include the correct system settings now that Florent mentioned in the release notes for TF.
So please download and reinstall to get access to these new settings - same link as the original post: http://www.commandfusion.com/download/CommandFusion_guiDesigner_Setup_v2.7.0.709.exe

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Barry Gordon

Jul 13, 2013, 10:30:08 AM7/13/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com

Just downloaded the new guiDesigner that you updated to have the new TCP settings.  I do not see them.

You can just delete the DLL files in the plugins folder if you like, specifically tools.dll.

Barry Gordon

Jul 13, 2013, 10:30:52 AM7/13/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com

Eliminating  toosl.dll from the plugins folder eliminate the dialog box.

You can just delete the DLL files in the plugins folder if you like, specifically tools.dll.