times the timer (CF KNX)

simple nan

Oct 9, 2013, 7:42:10 PM10/9/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
hello

my KNX installation has two lines. Interface to control the ipad is on the main line 0.
For each room I create macro and I set times each telegram reads:
0ms - read Telegramm 1
20ms - read Telegramm 2
.... 200ms - read Telegramm 10
etc etc.
Question 1: [Is the length of time matter? In the sample projects I've seen longer times, and yet everyone wants to see them as short as possible ...) ??]

I set the timer:
- Join 999 all timers (
Question.2:[ Is this correct? Does the number matter?])
- 100ms interval
- Repeat: 1
- Macro: my macro.

Question:3 I run the program and it connects to line 0. Although not yet entered into any page, the program receives status of telegrams that are sent if the application is running CF. ?
Question:4 whilei I'm not going to any page with no timer function of the macro does not work?
Question:5:. When I go in on a page that is set in the calling macro timer, the timer will wait 100ms and then runs the macro over time: (0 ms 20 ms 40 ms + .... 200ms)?

I ask this because all these times are not entirely accurate because for me it takes a lot longer than that expected from the sum of the times. The terrible cut (do not know if it's a good word) ....
If the load the program with no timer is running it perfectly. The problem, however, is that if there is no timer at the entrance to a page, I can not read current device status. Read status occurs only when someone changes the state of the CF is running on the iPad (eg through buttons on the wall).

thanks in advance for your help and sorry for my english ;)
Simple Nan

Jarrod Bell

Oct 9, 2013, 9:04:47 PM10/9/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
1) The length of time is simply the time before the command is fired. It's up to you and your systems what length that is.
2) The join number for a timer does not matter, just make sure it's not used by anything else in your project.
3) I don't understand your question.
4) Again, I don't understand your question.
5) Yes.

Note that a repeat count of 1 means it only fires once, and 100ms after the page is opened. Your connections might not have loaded up then.
If it is just a status read macro, then maybe you can set it to fire 1000ms after startup (1 second you wont even notice the difference...) and then set it to repeat 3 times or something to make sure the command gets sent to your system.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

simple nan

Oct 10, 2013, 7:03:27 PM10/10/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com, jar...@commandfusion.com
Welcome
Thank you for taking the topic

When I run the program iViewer, it connects to the KNX system through an IP interface, which is located on the main line with 0 (KNX bus)
Question 1: If I have not yet entered into any pages (except startpage), iViewer, read the telegrams that appeared on the KNX bus and stores the status of devices on the sides which I have not yet visited. - Is this true?
Question 2: If it is true that the program iViewer is not clogged?
Question 3: If this is true then I can lock the ipad so as not to turn off all the time iViewer is enabled, reading status and any macros running through the timers do not need - true?

Question 4: I use a timer with macros. While I have not yet entered into any pages (except startpage), it's no timer does not work until I go in the page with the timer?

Question 5: I use a timer with macros. If I go on a few pages, and do not wait until the times of the will read, the timers are still working because they add up and I have to wait until the end effect. Is there an object that would show that timers are still running?

Regards,
Simple Nan

Jarrod Bell

Oct 10, 2013, 8:23:28 PM10/10/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
1) That depends on your programming. Incoming data from systems has no relation to what page you are on. If the data comes in and you have feedback processing in place, it will process it no matter what page you are on.
2) Again, depends on your programming.
3) If the iPad is on, and iViewer is running in foreground (is the visible app on the screen) then it will continue to process any timers and macros assigned to the current page however you have defined them.
4) Yes
5) You can assign a command in your macro to stop a specific macro. In the command properties, look for the 'stop macro' option.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Michael

Oct 21, 2013, 8:04:27 AM10/21/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I have 2 questions:
Send the used actuators your status itself?
Is the visualization operated locally or remotely?