Crestron Mobile Join resets for excluded joins

Chap Cory

Sep 13, 2013, 4:10:25 PM9/13/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
I Have CM 3.3 running beside an Autonomic JS module derived from T's original.

If the CM has a reset event (conn drop etc), it clears all it's joins as it is supposed to.
But it also clears all the excluded Autonomic joins defined in my CM config module.  (the Autonmic moduls is still connected)
I have excluded both the joins and Page they operate on by name.

The config module seems to set up right (no "default to etc" message).

the exclusion snippet is below:
___________________
var CrestronMobileConfig_CrestronMobile = {
// A list of pages for which we are monitoring all joins of. A page name can be a regular expression
// In a given page, joins of all elements (including elements in referenced subpages) will be processed
// If you omit this property or set it to null or to an empty array, all pages will be looked at.
pages: ["0Source_MMS"],

// An optional additional list of joins we also want to handle,
// that don't match objects in defined pages
additionalJoins: [],

// An optional exclusion list that allows you to exclude joins in the relevant pages
// from interaction with the Crestron processor
excludedJoins: ["d9000","d4500-d5000", "s4500-s5000", "a4500-a4510", "l4500-4600"],//MMS excluded
_____________

Is the exclusion capability tested?
Did I define my exclusions correctly?

Environment:
IPAD 4, ios 6.1.3
Iviewer v4.0.278
Gui Designer  2.7.0.713

Thanks as always,
Chap

Florent Pillet

Sep 13, 2013, 6:30:44 PM9/13/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Excluded joins do not currently support join ranges. This is an oversight and can be easily fixed in the JS code. I agree that it seems natural that the module supports join ranges -- will have a look at this soon if you can't make the change.

Florent

Florent Pillet - Software Engineering Lead

Chap Cory

Sep 14, 2013, 3:10:49 PM9/14/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Ok,
I'll try to load th 600 or so joins in.
Would be good to fix, as I imagine many apps like xbmc etc have mucho joins.

This may be better for Greg, but the Page Exclude doesn't seem to work. It would., of course make the individual join exclude unnecessary.
Did i use the wrong syntax?
My Gui page is simply 0Source_MMS

Regards,
Chap

On Friday, September 13, 2013 4:10:25 PM UTC-4, Chap Cory wrote:
.  Is taht all I need?Hi,

Florent Pillet

Sep 15, 2013, 5:13:28 AM9/15/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
On Sep 14, 2013, at 9:10 PM, Chap Cory <ch...@mvaudiovideo.com> wrote:

Ok,
I'll try to load th 600 or so joins in.
Would be good to fix, as I imagine many apps like xbmc etc have mucho joins.

The idea is not to load all the joins, but to implement range recognition when parsing excluded joins. This requires adding some code to CrestronMobile. Since not many are interested in contributing, I'll add it when I have the time.

This may be better for Greg, but the Page Exclude doesn't seem to work. It would., of course make the individual join exclude unnecessary.
Did i use the wrong syntax?
My Gui page is simply 0Source_MMS

There is no page exclusion. The `page' property of the config object is an array that determines page _inclusion_

Florent

Chap Cory

Sep 16, 2013, 10:24:21 AM9/16/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com