iViewer Android crashing randomly

Mike Hobin

Nov 1, 2013, 5:06:45 AM11/1/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have iViewier on a Nexus 2013 7" tablet running Android 4.3 stock

iViewer is the latest available for Android.

I find that iViewer crashes randomly and when it does it will no longer communicate with the network at all.  Other apps on the tablet such as the browser are still able to connect.

The even stranger thing is that I find that even a reboot will not fix the issue, and the only fix I can find is to re-upload the GUI to get it to connect again.

Does anyone have any ideas, or how can I access some debug logs for iViewer etc so I can track down the cause, its incredibly annoying and frustrating!

Thanks
Mike

Mike Hobin

Nov 5, 2013, 3:16:04 AM11/5/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Looks like its the XBMC code causing the crash.  I've disabled that for the time being and the crash looks to have gone away which is cool; however

if I quit iViewer, it will no longer connect to any network device at all, and I have to reload the GUI from CommandFusion to get it to go again.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing that?

Thanks
Mike

Lakhmi Ahuja

Nov 5, 2013, 4:08:15 AM11/5/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
hi i am using nexus 7 2013 android 4.3 , and latest iviewer for nexus 7 ,, and same issue with me it is crashing and crashing. can you explain why and how to solve this issue

Ejale Odianosen

Nov 5, 2013, 5:50:03 AM11/5/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I am a bit of a newbie:

If I may ask, when you say crashing, do you mean the iViewer app or it just doesn't connect to the network. Cos I think while playing with the app for Android I might have noticed the same.

Regards
Ejale Odianosen

From: Lakhmi Ahuja <zna...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 01:08:15 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: iViewer Android crashing randomly

Mike Hobin

Nov 5, 2013, 2:22:07 PM11/5/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com

Hi.  Yes your right it won't connect to the network.  It was outright crashing but I fixed that as it was a js issue.

Mike

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "CommandFusion Software" group.