Weird analog join behavior

Felipe

Aug 13, 2013, 6:31:53 PM8/13/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
I don't know if it is supposed to be like this, but I have an analog join that won't retain a value, unless there is an object (gauge) on the GUI with its address.

I call a JS function that gets the analog join value, increase/decrease it and rewrite it on the same join.

When I have a gauge on the GUI with the same join, the function works. When I don't have the gauge, the value is null (or zero, i don't know).

If this is not supposed to happen I can paste the JS function for analisys.

Regards,
Felipe.

Greg S.

Aug 13, 2013, 7:31:43 PM8/13/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
If you mean that it works as long as you have the join defined on any page in the GUI (i.e. there is a gauge object on one or more pages), but not when the join only exists in JS then yes, that is how it is supposed to work.  If you need to store values for joins that don't exist you can use tokens for this.

If you mean that it only works if you have the join visible, but fails when it is not (i.e. the page it is on is not that page that is visible), then that sounds like a bug.

Felipe

Aug 14, 2013, 10:06:35 AM8/14/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
So it is not a bug, because what I meant was that the join has to be used on any page in the GUI.
I wasn't aware that the join only existed if used in the GUI, I thought all joins were always there to be used.
Thanks for clearing that out.