textEncoding="UTF-8"

vmail

Mar 27, 2013, 4:58:43 PM3/27/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi, every time I do a save in guiDesigner it removes the textEncoding="UTF-8" that I have added in. I'm sure I was told it had been fixed. What am I doing wrong? Is there a different way to add textEncoding="UTF-8"?

Jarrod Bell

Mar 27, 2013, 7:17:41 PM3/27/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Grab the guiDesigner beta, should fix your issue.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

On 28/03/13 7:58 AM, vmail wrote:
Hi, every time I do a save in guiDesigner it removes the textEncoding="UTF-8" that I have added in. I'm sure I was told it had been fixed. What am I doing wrong? Is there a different way to add textEncoding="UTF-8"? --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CommandFusion Software" group.

vmail

Mar 29, 2013, 5:42:32 AM3/29/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have a problem with displaying Russian text on an iPad 3, it works fine on my iPad 2. The textEncoding="UTF-8" is still in the gui file
9DCDD0BC-7D48-4E00-88D6-A1D942DCC8F8.jpg

Jarrod Bell

Mar 29, 2013, 5:53:21 AM3/29/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
iViewer versions on both devices? iOS versions?

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

vmailtk5

Mar 29, 2013, 5:54:35 AM3/29/13
to commandfusion
iPad 3 iOS 5.1.1
iPad 2 iOS 5.0.1

vmailtk5

Mar 29, 2013, 5:55:09 AM3/29/13
to commandfusion
iViewer 4.0.242

vmailtk5

Mar 29, 2013, 6:20:05 AM3/29/13
to commandfusion
its not possible for the client to upgrade the iOS on his iPad 3 because they have a poor internet connection and I think he has to catch a flight today

Jarrod Bell

Mar 29, 2013, 7:40:19 AM3/29/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Can you create a very basic GUI to replicate the issue? Nothing more than needed to recreate it, so that we can verify the problem.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

vmailtk5

Mar 29, 2013, 7:54:33 AM3/29/13
to commandfusion
Here is a basics GUI, the client in no longer on the boat so I cant do any more testing.

On serial join 104 I send \xd0\xA0\xd1\x83\xd1\x81\xd1\x81\xd0\xBA\xd0\xB8\xd0\xB9 which should look like Русский on the iPad

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/7ammpt6d1k7z3gm/Basic.gui.zip

vmailtk5

Apr 1, 2013, 4:38:02 PM4/1/13
to commandfusion
Hi, was you able top recreate the problem?

vmailtk5

Apr 3, 2013, 11:42:54 AM4/3/13
to commandfusion
Hi, is there an update? were you able to recreate the problem? are you working on a solution?

Florent Pillet

Apr 4, 2013, 6:29:57 AM4/4/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Going to look into this today, sorry for the delay.

Florent

On Apr 3, 2013, at 5:42 PM, vmailtk5 <vmai...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, is there an update? were you able to recreate the problem? are you working on a solution?

--
Florent Pillet - Software Engineering Lead
www.commandfusion.com

vmailtk5

Apr 4, 2013, 8:39:37 AM4/4/13
to commandfusion
thanx

Florent Pillet

Apr 5, 2013, 10:30:00 AM4/5/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Ok so this happens to be an issue in the CrestronMobile v3.js script. Or more exactly,
it is expecting something that Crestron doesn't send, therefore doesn't perform UTF-8
transcoding.

To fix this, replace line 586:

isUTF8 = (data.getAttribute("enc") === "UTF-8");

with:

isUTF8 = true;

And this will fix your problem.

Florent