crestronmobile just getting started with command fusion need help with basics

curtis sinclair

Feb 3, 2017, 3:05:45 PM2/3/17
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I am just starting out with command fusion and have configured one page with one button ,I see with debugger that it is connecting wit?h Crestron but I cannot get it to pass button presses.  Do I have to write a command ?

in...@cismarine.com

Feb 3, 2017, 3:52:57 PM2/3/17
to CommandFusion Software
Curtis,

Give your button digital join.

On Friday, February 3, 2017 at 9:05:45 PM UTC+1, curtis sinclair wrote:
I am just starting out with command fusion and have configured one page with one button ,I see with debugger that it is connecting wit?h Crestron but I cannot get it to pass button presses.  Do I have to write a command ?
**Please include as much software version information as possible. This ensures that other users and CommandFusion staff can provide a helpful answer as quickly as possible.** - Please Delete this line BEFORE posting.

curtis sinclair

Feb 3, 2017, 4:10:01 PM2/3/17
to CommandFusion Software
I did give the button a digital join , I set it to one that is in crestron that I am trying to test with.

in...@cismarine.com

Feb 3, 2017, 4:36:11 PM2/3/17
to CommandFusion Software
can you post your gui?

Jarrod Bell

Feb 3, 2017, 8:37:59 PM2/3/17
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Try the demo project for Crestron Mobile first, get that working, then move forward with your custom GUI.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

curtis sinclair

Feb 4, 2017, 12:16:44 PM2/4/17
to CommandFusion Software
Ok I got the demo project working, not sure what was the problem. One of the things is the period in regex,what is that for?
I am now trying the create a button that triggers multiple joins , I tried CF.setJoin("d38",1) the button Im using has no join number but I do have another button with join 38 , when I press the button with no join it does change the the button with the join of 38 to one but it does not send this to crestron .

Jarrod Bell

Feb 4, 2017, 4:08:04 PM2/4/17
to comman...@googlegroups.com
The dot regex is to "catch all" data and provide a feedback item that the script can listen to (using CF.watch) in order to process the incoming data in JavaScript.

Changes from a script will not be sent to the Crestron instance automatically, only physical user interaction (ie. pressing a button with a join).
Instead you can directly call the CrestronMobile instance functions:

CrestronMobile.instances[0].onButtonPressed("d38");

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com