Contribution: sub-page flip and more

Guillaume Vigneron

Nov 30, 2013, 1:58:29 PM11/30/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
with the precious help Barry and Jarod provided me these last weeks, especially on Javascript which I didn't know anything about (!), I have been able to create my first page using exclusively JS. Thanks guys!

I'd like to share this project as it may help newbies like me creating the following:
-sub-page appear and disappear from/to a unique button (rotation+scale animations)
-flip between two sub-pages by rotating them
-last sub-page used is the one that appears when pressing the button again

The script use the following functions:
-CF.getJoin (to call a function or another regarding the status of a digital join)
-CF.setProperties
-CF.setJoin

The different functions in the JS are explain in comments.

This GUI is not perfect (I couldn't find out how to rotate on 2 axis :/ ), but can maybe be helpful for some others :)

Thanks again Barry & Jarod ;)
Test subpage.rar

Guillaume Vigneron

Nov 30, 2013, 5:12:28 PM11/30/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Just found a problem with the rotation: if I place my sub-pages over an webpage (webpage tool used), half of the subpage will disappear when rotating (I assume the rotating object pass "behind" the webpage).

If you have any work-around for that, I'm interested.
Guillaume

PS: Jarod, Is the possibility to set the Z POSITION for each object on your roadmap?

Jarrod Bell

Nov 30, 2013, 5:39:53 PM11/30/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
What rotation are you doing to cause it to go behind the webpage? If you rotate on the x or y axis it will be covered by anything directly below it as it rotates below it.

Z-Position (depth) will come eventually.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

JohanJ

Dec 1, 2013, 12:49:39 AM12/1/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I had the same problem where parts of a spinning objects came below others even though the spinning objects had higher z-values. My 'solution' was to add dummy objects between. Think I had to use 10-15 images and that I used 1x1pixel fully transparent images as dummy objects. I reported this in this Google group at the time.

JohanJ

Dec 1, 2013, 12:49:39 AM12/1/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com

Guillaume Vigneron

Dec 1, 2013, 2:35:12 AM12/1/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com, jar...@commandfusion.com
Otherwise, is there any way to define the position of the rotation axis so my object does not rotate around it's middle line? (not sure this sentence is understandable...sorry for bad english)

Guillaume Vigneron

Dec 1, 2013, 2:36:52 AM12/1/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
JohanJ, if I understand well, you insert between your background object (my webpage) and the animated object (my sub-pages) 10-15 images one over each other?
Sounds tricky, but I'll try :)

Guillaume Vigneron

Dec 1, 2013, 3:44:20 AM12/1/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
So I tried... each object seems to be 1pixel thick, so if I put 50 transparent subpages between a background object and a 100px width animated object, it works.
In my project, the animated subpages are 400px width, I'm not sure inserting 200 blank objects behind is really a good idea :/

Jarrod, even if it's not officially supported today, there is really no way to set the thickness of an object...?

JohanJ

Dec 1, 2013, 10:12:10 AM12/1/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I think I used image objects and not subpages, not sure if it makes any difference. I added one dummy image in guiDesigner and just copy/paste the objects in a texteditor. The gui file is a XML file, changing z-order is easiest done in a text editor and not guiDesigner.

Guillaume Vigneron

Dec 1, 2013, 10:18:22 AM12/1/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thanks Johan.

I also did it via editing the .GUI file, 200 subpages... :)
Of course, the iPad was lagging afterwards, so it's not usable. I'll give a try with a transparent PNG to see if it works better.

Jarrod Bell

Dec 1, 2013, 6:20:03 PM12/1/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
There is no solution to this. So either use the discussed work around, or remove the effect, or change your GUI so objects don't affect each other.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com