Persistent webpage tool

Arturas Kriukovas

Feb 17, 2015, 5:25:53 AM2/17/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

As I know there is a new version of CommandFusion GUI Designer/iViewer incoming - I would like to ask for a new feature - would it be possible to have an option to webpage tool, to have the content of the webpage persistent during page changes.

Please imagine the following page structure:
  - start page
    - room1
    - room2
    - weather forecast

Every time I open "weather forecast" page - it takes 2-3 seconds until the page loads/renders completely. Then I go to room1, then back to "weather forecast" - and again 2-3 seconds wait. I have reports from the customers - this is really horrible user experience - constantly waiting and waiting.
If the customer had to wait only on first open (and perhaps even this first open could be run in background, when project is first opened) - then subsequent opens on going via pages would be fast, because all the web page were in memory, already preloaded, already running - just waiting to be displayed.

Weather forecast is just an example - music control, video, tv control pages, that take the contents on a web page basis - all those depend on the same issue. So when I have project with all these "content" pages - every page change takes 2-3 seconds - it's really bad user experience...

There is an option "Stop when not visible" - I tried with this option deselected - the web content reloads on page open, so this is not what I need. It would be fine if having this option deselected, web content not only would remain when not visible, but it also were not reloaded on page open.

Thank you,
Arturas