WebPage reloading on every open

Arturas Kriukovas

Aug 24, 2013, 1:24:58 PM8/24/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have small test project with following pages:
1) start - with navigation
2) camera1 - with webPage1 pointing to camera1 url
3) camera2 - with webPage2 pointing to camera2 url

When I open "camera1" page for the first time - I start receiving information from camera1, page loads, authenticates, connects (~5 seconds).
When I open "camera2" page - the same happens with camera2.
However when I return to "camera1" page - all connection starts again from zero - as if it was the first time I open the page - authentication, connection....
When I return to "camera2" page - the same happens with camera2...

The main problem - all the connection procedure takes ~5 seconds - and this waiting time is a very negative experience for the customer.
Is it possible to make web page to remain in memory, in working status after I leave "camera1" page - so that I could return to it later and the page would be working at once?

Thank you

Jarrod Bell

Aug 24, 2013, 8:58:34 PM8/24/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Not currently. Are you able to use the video tool instead for your video feed? MJPEG is most likely supported by your camera system.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Florent Pillet

Aug 25, 2013, 7:02:00 AM8/25/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
You may way to place your web pages on subpages, then show / hide the subpages when needed. This way, they will stay current (as simply hidden on the current page, instead of disposed of when the current page closes).

Florent
--
Florent Pillet - Software Engineering Lead
www.commandfusion.com

Arturas Kriukovas

Aug 26, 2013, 7:42:00 AM8/26/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

mostly this works - thank you :)

there is however one catch - if I exit the page - that hosts this subpage with webstream - upon return to the page all reconnection starts again. This is not convenient.
It would be good to have an option on WebPage component "remain active in memory" [yes|no]

Arturas