Power off the tablet

christi...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2022, 2:47:11 PM1/27/22
to CommandFusion Software
Hi all

Is there anyway to power off a tablet through CF? If not, is there an APP to power off the tablet controlled by iViewer?  Any example about it?

Thank you.

phone workshop

Jan 27, 2022, 3:53:54 PM1/27/22
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I own a phone and tablet service centre. As far as I know there is no way to turn off any portable device except by the power button.  Why would you want to turn it off anyway ?

On 27 Jan 2022, at 7:47 pm, christi...@gmail.com <christi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all

Is there anyway to power off a tablet through CF? If not, is there an APP to power off the tablet controlled by iViewer?  Any example about it?

Thank you.

Jarrod Bell

Jan 27, 2022, 4:36:44 PM1/27/22
to comman...@googlegroups.com, christi...@gmail.com
No, apps are not given permission to control power of a device.

You can however dim the screen:
https://www.commandfusion.com/docs/scripting/util.html#cF.setDeviceProperty

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Barry Gordon

Jan 28, 2022, 9:54:27 AM1/28/22
to comman...@googlegroups.com

This has been a pet peeve of mine for years.  Unfortunately it is not a CF problem, where it would be resolved,  but rather an Apple problem. I have always wanted to turn off the backlight, but can’t.  I can dim it but in a dark room at night at its dimmest setting it is still fairly bright. There was at one time a function available (not through CF) that turned off the backlight if you jailbroke the tablet.  Unfortunately the author did not maintain it and it stopped operating with one of the many software updates from Apple.  My iPads are wall mounted (one in every room), operate in Kiosk mode, are continuously being charged, and operate as the primary HID for the house.  Lately thoug, Alexa has taken over many of the active commands and the iPads are used less and less.

Kol Johnson

Jan 28, 2022, 11:23:57 AM1/28/22
to comman...@googlegroups.com

Hi Barry;

You can wake an iPad by momentarily interrupting power to the charge port.  So it is sort of like a regular touch panel that you can wake either by touch or from program.

I set the iPads to sleep after 15 minutes, no unlock code, guided access, and use relay to momentarily interrupt the DC going to the iPort wall mount to wake the iPads when a gate call occurs so they all wake up and flip to the camera page to display the gate cam, etc.  If the client touches the iPad it wakes up on last page just like a regular touch panel would.  You could also use motion or occupancy or whatever conditional to trigger the waking.

HTH, YMMV

Kol