iOS 7 issues

Tulio

Sep 20, 2013, 3:51:40 PM9/20/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Guys, what if we sum all issues of iOS7 (comparing a project that works in iOS 5 or 6) in one thread?

issues:

- status bar always visible and uggly
- slider value always visible

ios7_problems_statusbar_and_slider_value.png

joshj

Sep 20, 2013, 4:58:46 PM9/20/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
status bar always visible here as well.

Does creating a join for status bar (http://www.commandfusion.com/wiki/index.php?title=Statusbar_Demo) fix this? It should stay hidden by default as most of (if not all) our projects are like that already...

Tulio

Sep 20, 2013, 11:02:52 PM9/20/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Problems to touch a button at bottom of page.

Can hear click but the button doesn't shoe press feedback or send command
bug_button_bottom.gui

Clayton Vicente

Sep 20, 2013, 11:14:36 PM9/20/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
This problem is not exclusive for the IOS 7 Túlio, is happing to me even in my Ipad 2 and i dont update the IOS yet.
Clayton

Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 20:02:52 -0700
From: tulio....@gmail.com
To: comman...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: iOS 7 issues

Clayton Vicente

Sep 20, 2013, 11:22:24 PM9/20/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I jus figure out the the problem when we press a button only happens if we have a command or advanced commands. I make a test with a button that only run a function adn works fine, works even inside a list.
Clayton

From: clayt...@hotmail.com
To: comman...@googlegroups.com
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 04:14:36 +0100

Tulio

Sep 21, 2013, 12:29:55 AM9/21/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Clayton, try the example I put in this thread. I think it is a different issue that you have.

Tulio

Sep 21, 2013, 7:16:55 AM9/21/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
second thought about the button at bottom: I think the problem is because control center. The bottom area is reserved to call control center. The problem is even disabling control center inside apps, the issue still occurs.So don't put a button near bottom :-)

Rodrigo Zogaib

Sep 22, 2013, 11:58:50 AM9/22/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Another problem!

On a list containing buttons, with a simple touch to scroll, the button is pressed and the command sent (in this case, a macro).

iOS 7
iViewer 4 and Next V4.0.280
guiDesigner V2.7.0.713

In other apps with commandfusion automation engine the problem also exists after the update to iOS 7.
eg. Smart Home V4.0.242

Florent Pillet

Sep 22, 2013, 1:01:09 PM9/22/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
This issue has already been reported, but thanks.

iOS 7 has shortened the delay during which it holds events to look for scrolling gesture before propagating them to the objects underneath.

If you swipe the list fast, it shouldn't generate the button press. We looking into this.

Florenty

--
Florent Pillet - Software Engineering Lead

Message has been deleted

panos_k75

Sep 24, 2013, 8:16:14 AM9/24/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Upgraded to IOS 7 and i wish i never did. All animations on my GUI are now jerky and fonts screwed up. Is anyoen else suffering from jerkiness in the animations?
I use Ipad2 wifi.
P.

JohanJ

Sep 24, 2013, 8:52:57 AM9/24/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I have only upgraded one iPad 3. Animation performance and the fonts I use seems to be the same on iOS 6 and 7. What font did you have issue with? Are you using the correct image sizes for your images? I.e. the same pixel size of image as in guiDesigner object.

Clayton Vicente

Sep 24, 2013, 8:57:09 AM9/24/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I was waiting for your answer Johan, i know that you have some nice animations on EVE. I am not sure if i will update to IOS7 yet, but at least now i am less concerned about the update. For now i am asking for the clients to not update their iPads, i have to make some tests here first.
Thanks
Clayton

Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 05:52:57 -0700
From: johanje...@gmail.com

To: comman...@googlegroups.com

Florent Pillet

Sep 24, 2013, 9:07:14 AM9/24/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
This is a good, rational approach to upgrading. iOS 7 is still immature on some fronts. We are working around some of the issues (we fixed issues in our code too that stem from underlying changes in the OS).

In all cases, you should fully validate your own GUIs against iOS 7 before putting client iPads in production.

Florent

On Sep 24, 2013, at 2:57 PM, Clayton Vicente <clayt...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I was waiting for your answer Johan, i know that you have some nice animations on EVE. I am not sure if i will update to IOS7 yet, but at least now i am less concerned about the update. For now i am asking for the clients to not update their iPads, i have to make some tests here first.
Thanks
Clayton

panos_k75

Sep 24, 2013, 10:19:14 AM9/24/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Yeah all image sizes are optimised....Difficult to explain but iPad feels slower and the GUI is more jerky than before, as if its doing more work on the background. This is especially true for animations on opacity and x at the same time (i.e. slide sub-pages in and out)

panos_k75

Sep 24, 2013, 10:32:30 AM9/24/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I am having so many issues - I dont even know where to begin...so frustrating...and i can't even go back to 6.1.3 now:-(

1. Gestures don't always fire up
2. Animations jerky
3. Fonts screwed up

I love iViewer but having to deal with all this frustrations all the time is really putting me off.

Florent Pillet

Sep 24, 2013, 11:32:25 AM9/24/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
We understand the frustration. Can you send us a test GUI that highlights the issues you are having? User results vary, so there is no general case -- for some it works fine, for others there are minor issues, for you it seems to be major ones.

Send us this test GUI. iViewer 4 will be updated to 4.0.282 (like iViewer Next) in a few hours, and we want to take advantage of the fast review time turnaround to push more fixes quickly to the AppStore.

Florent

On Sep 24, 2013, at 4:32 PM, panos_k75 <pano...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I am having so many issues - I dont even know where to begin...so frustrating...and i can't even go back to 6.1.3 now:-(

1. Gestures don't always fire up
2. Animations jerky
3. Fonts screwed up

I love iViewer but having to deal with all this frustrations all the time is really putting me off.

Barry Gordon

Sep 24, 2013, 12:37:48 PM9/24/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com

Guy's let's focus on the real problem:

Apple's policy not to allow you to go back to a prior version of IOS. The just started to allow that for apps, but I guess they are arrogant thinking it is never their problem.

We all need to send letters to apple on their policy of no regression.

Sep 24, 2013, 12:51:18 PM9/24/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Túlio already suggest this, but i will ask too. Maybe is time for your guys to create a place for this problems, maybe something like we had for the Android bugs. In this way we can follow the problems and the fix.
Barry, Apple dont care about what the clients ask, simple that. Send e-mails or post in their forums will be a waist of time, IMO.
Ask for the the CF team when the Apple accept any suggestion from them, the answer will be never or something near of that.
Clayton

--
Enviado via Ipad

Tulio

Sep 25, 2013, 12:12:28 PM9/25/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
version 4.0.282 solved the problem in list, but made a collateral damage. Now I cannot fire a command with hold delay inside a list.

please see attached an example (works in ios 6, but not in ios7). Just press and hold the button inside a list. You will see action fired in ios6, but nothing happens in ios7
long_press_inside_list.gui

Clayton Vicente

Sep 25, 2013, 2:21:11 PM9/25/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
With the version 282  i still having problems with buttons inside a list if this buttons have a advanced command, i can hear the soud, but the command is not sent.. I have to make a hard touch everytime. I am using IOS 6.2.3.
Clayton

Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 09:12:28 -0700

From: tulio....@gmail.com
To: comman...@googlegroups.com

Aaron

Sep 25, 2013, 7:31:36 PM9/25/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
We are getting a few reports of similar problems. Florent is looking into it. In the meantime, you can assist by providing sample gui files that replicate the problem so we can isolate what is causing it.

Jarrod Bell

Sep 25, 2013, 9:36:14 PM9/25/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the test case. Build 282 has no problem with this GUI on iOS6, but iOS7 I can replicate your problems.
We will try to get this one fixed ASAP.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Jarrod Bell

Sep 25, 2013, 10:52:10 PM9/25/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Using iOS6.1.3 I was unable to replicate your issue Clayton.

I tried adding advanced actions that sent commands, and the button was within a list, and it worked fine.

Attached is the test GUI. This replicates the iOS7 issues, but works fine on iOS6. This is a slightly revamped GUI from what Tulio posted (to add a few more test cases).

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

long_press_inside_list.gui

Florent Pillet

Sep 26, 2013, 3:19:46 AM9/26/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
That is correct, thanks a lot for the clear example. iOS 7 completely overhauled the way it detects presses, list scrolling etc. in a way that's different from what iOS 6 did. In particular, widgets in lists get tap events immediately before scrolling begins, and the OS later cancels the tap if it detects a move. Since we used to perform various steps on tap then on release, this gets in the way of proper operation of iViewer.

We're working on a resolution of this issue.

Florent

On Sep 25, 2013, at 6:12 PM, Tulio <tulio....@gmail.com> wrote:

> version 4.0.282 solved the problem in list, but made a collateral damage. Now I cannot fire a command with hold delay inside a list.
>
> please see attached an example (works in ios 6, but not in ios7). Just press and hold the button inside a list. You will see action fired in ios6, but nothing happens in ios7

Clayton Vicente

Sep 26, 2013, 5:47:17 AM9/26/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Very thanks to test this Jarrod, if it is working for you this means that the problem is here. The advanced command is doing several things, not only sending the command. I will try to find where is the problem.
Thanks again
Clayton

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 12:52:10 +1000
From: jar...@commandfusion.com

iRemoteControl

Sep 28, 2013, 4:53:48 AM9/28/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
- Does not send JavaScript command if using the repeat delay e.g. volume up or down.  Works if repeat delay set to 0ms i.e. no repeat capability
- Simulate feedback of buttons (momentary) does not work anymore  i.e. no graphical feedback of a button press!

iRemoteControl

Sep 28, 2013, 4:58:45 AM9/28/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
- Curiously when I change feedback to toggle - it works!  So something to do with dynamically overlaying a graphic image.

Florent Pillet

Sep 28, 2013, 5:50:18 AM9/28/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. We fixed these here already.

Florent

On Sep 28, 2013, at 10:53 AM, iRemoteControl <p...@thepleasurehome.com> wrote:

> - Does not send JavaScript command if using the repeat delay e.g. volume up or down. Works if repeat delay set to 0ms i.e. no repeat capability
> - Simulate feedback of buttons (momentary) does not work anymore i.e. no graphical feedback of a button press!

Clayton Vicente

Sep 28, 2013, 5:52:19 AM9/28/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jarrod,
I test the .gui that you send.
In the static list and dynamic list is ok, i pressed the button, the sound play and i see the button d1 changing the states. But is strange hear the sound in dont see the the button change the image feedback.
Just for test i insert a repeat delay in the first button and then i get the same problem that i have in my .gui, the action will only fire up if i make a hard touch.
I am sending the the .gui.
Clayton

Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 12:52:10 +1000
From: jar...@commandfusion.com
long_press_inside_list.gui

iRemoteControl

Sep 29, 2013, 5:39:20 AM9/29/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florent

Are you saying that the next release fixes both (i) repeat delay and (ii) momentary feedback of a graphics overlay?

When is this release due?

Kind regards

Paul

Florent Pillet

Sep 29, 2013, 2:25:03 PM9/29/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
We fixed several issues related to buttons logic, particularly in lists. Please contact me privately to gain access to TestFlight so you can validate that the issues you've been seeing have been resolved.

As to "when", we are testing a couple more things and will submit a new release early next week. Last approval took less than 24 hours but the norm is usually 3 to 7 days for Apple approval.

Florent

On Sep 29, 2013, at 11:39 AM, iRemoteControl <p...@thepleasurehome.com> wrote:

> Hi Florent
>
> Are you saying that the next release fixes both (i) repeat delay and (ii) momentary feedback of a graphics overlay?
>
> When is this release due?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Paul

Jarrod Bell

Sep 30, 2013, 8:17:45 AM9/30/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
FYI Clayton - lists have always behaved this way - you must do a longer press to see the simulated feedback because of the delay required between registering a button press or a list drag.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Clayton Vicente

Sep 30, 2013, 6:31:36 PM9/30/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
No problem Jarrod, fix for the problem with buttons that have a repeat delay was what i was waiting for. Thanks
Clayton

Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 22:17:45 +1000

Clayton Vicente

Oct 1, 2013, 8:09:37 PM10/1/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Right place now :)
A client dont wait until i test the IOS 7 and now he is having a problem with gestures.
Anyone here had problem with gestures (swipe up,down,left,right) ? Strange, he said that the tap with one finger is working.
I know that the problem is with the gestures because in the interface there is a ControlPad too, with buttons that will run the same function that the gestures.
He is using iViewer 282
Thank´s
Clayton

From: clayt...@hotmail.com
To: comman...@googlegroups.com
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 23:31:36 +0100

Jarrod Bell

Oct 1, 2013, 10:46:14 PM10/1/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I just ran some tests using gestures on iOS7 using latest apps and had no issues with swipes or taps.

Can you give more details on how your gesture pad is setup? Maybe a very simple test case GUI so we can do some testing?

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Florent Pillet

Clayton Vicente

Oct 2, 2013, 6:12:59 AM10/2/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi

This are all the gestures in that the image have.
The client report the problem only with the swipe up,down,left and right, he said that the Tap with one finger is working. I ask he to make the test with the others gestures too, i am waiting for the answer.
The commands XBMC_CursorDown (up,left,right and Enter) are like this:

<cmd name="XBMC_CursorUp" js="XBMCGUI.XBMC.inputAction(data);" jsSendsCommand="True" folder="XbmcFolder">up</cmd>

self.inputAction = function(action){
    self.rpc("Input.ExecuteAction", {"action":action}, self.logReplyData);
}

Its the same function for all gestures that will move the cursor.
I believe that will have to update my iPad 2 to IOS7, but i have to wait until i get a version that work with the debugger.
I will send a .gui test for the client today and ask he to make some tests.
Thanks
Clayton

Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 09:17:37 +0200
To: comman...@googlegroups.com

Clayton Vicente

Oct 3, 2013, 2:00:35 PM10/3/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
The client just inform that the problem with the gestures do not happens in the version 288.
Thanks
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 11:12:59 +0100

iRemoteControl

Oct 3, 2013, 4:14:05 PM10/3/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Just downloaded 288 on an iPhone and still Simulate feedback of buttons (momentary) does not work i.e. no graphical feedback of a button press.

Hiro

Oct 3, 2013, 6:46:12 PM10/3/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
iViewerNEXT (288) solves my issue..

Jarrod Bell

Oct 3, 2013, 7:39:31 PM10/3/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure you are holding the button long enough? In a list, buttons with momentary feedback will need to be held a little longer to show their status.
This is because of the time taken to determine whether the button is pressed or the list is being dragged. So a quick tap will never show the active state (has always been this way).

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Hiro

Oct 4, 2013, 4:11:45 PM10/4/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
V4.0.288 of iViewe4 released.
Yes, the issue is fixed now!

Clayton Vicente

Oct 4, 2013, 7:56:34 PM10/4/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com

I am testing the  IOS7, only Gestures for now. (iViewer Next 288 and TF 290).
In both versions the gestures is working fine, with the exception of the Swipe Down when i made fast movements.
Lets say that in 10 fast Gestures (Swipe Down) i get this:
ok,ok,ok,fail,ok,ok,fail,ok,fail,fail
This dont happened with the Gestures Swipe Up,Right and Left. I can make very fast Gestures without fail a single one.
The gesture will send a command and play a sound.
Thanks
Clayton
> Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 13:11:45 -0700
> From: matabata....@gmail.com
> To: comman...@googlegroups.com

> Subject: Re: iOS 7 issues
>
> V4.0.288 of iViewe4 released.
> Yes, the issue is fixed now!

Jarrod Bell

Oct 6, 2013, 6:35:31 PM10/6/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I have tested this, on both iOS6 and 7 and never have a problem. I created a little pacman interface that plays the pacman sounds as a test.
Swipes and taps work fine.

Maybe you are swiping from the bottom of screen in iOS7 where the new Control Center (or whatever its called) interacts.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Clayton Vicente

Oct 12, 2013, 11:18:34 AM10/12/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Well, you are right, almost. I made several tests now, if i start a swipe down gesture from the top to the center will not work 40% of the time (for fast movements). If i start a gesture swipe down from middle to bottom then i can make several fast gestures without fail a single one. Since the image its not so big (280x301,wxh) and to change the image for another one i will have to modify several things in the interface, i will have to find a way to manage this.
Thanks for your help
Clayton

Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 09:35:31 +1100
From: jar...@commandfusion.com

Jarrod Bell

Oct 13, 2013, 8:33:18 PM10/13/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Are your swipes starting from within the image object each time? Sounds like you are swiping from outside it, which will not work.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Clayton Vicente

Oct 13, 2013, 9:42:39 PM10/13/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Lets say that the image has 200px high and the xposition is 0. If i start the swipe gesture down in the position x= 50, it will fail 40% of the time, fast gestures. If i start the gesture in the position x=100 will not fail.

Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 11:33:18 +1100

Jarrod Bell

Oct 13, 2013, 9:51:55 PM10/13/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I assume you mean y position, not x?

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Clayton Vicente

Oct 13, 2013, 9:55:54 PM10/13/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Sunday- 12 years old daughter - beach - tired - sorry - yposition.

Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 12:51:55 +1100

Waldy,,,, Liverpool Uk

Oct 14, 2013, 6:55:39 AM10/14/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I have an unusual problem since upgrading.

If I have iveiwer showing and minimize to run another app, when i restore iviewer it sometimes restarts fully at the home page rather than the page it was originally on. Also a couple of the icons that have been set high (toggled to show power on for devices) they are set low so although the device is still on.

Nothing life threatening but annoying none the less

Cheers

Florent Pillet

Oct 14, 2013, 8:01:41 AM10/14/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Some others are seeing this too. We're investigating.

Rodrigo Zogaib

Oct 14, 2013, 9:52:50 AM10/14/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
sometimes I also have this problem.

Barry Gordon

May 11, 2014, 6:04:50 AM5/11/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
It is now May 2014. Since all my production iPads are gen 1's but my development iPad is a gen 2 I have hesitated to upgrade the development iPad to IOS 7.
I am now thinking of doing it. Running iViewer next 4.0.303. Have all of the IOS 7 issues, at least the major ones, been resolved as iViewer 303?

Jarrod Bell

May 13, 2014, 10:30:26 AM5/13/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Yes everything should be fine now, but please do report back if anyone has issues still that are mentioned in this thread, whilst running iViewer Next build 303.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

On 11/05/2014 8:04 pm, Barry Gordon wrote:
It is now May 2014. Since all my production iPads are gen 1's but my development iPad is a gen 2 I have hesitated to upgrade the development iPad to IOS 7.
I am now thinking of doing it. Running iViewer next 4.0.303. Have all of the IOS 7 issues, at least the major ones, been resolved as iViewer 303?

Chris Birks

Jul 21, 2014, 4:58:41 PM7/21/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com, jar...@commandfusion.com
Hi
I've just been setting-up gestures for the first time using IOS 7.1.2 and iViewer build 303 using a single image with swipe left/right/up/down and tap with associated relevant commands for a Sky box using iTach wifi-2-ir. It only works sporadically and I'm always swiping/tapping within the image area (which is quite large as I have it as an overlay on a video image of the TV, in this case displaying the sky guide screen). I have tried different phases though haven't tried changing the delay yet.
Any thoughts would be welcomed :)
Cheers
Chris

Jarrod Bell

Jul 21, 2014, 8:05:18 PM7/21/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Can you confirm that sending commands just as quickly with buttons works correctly? Just making sure you aren't trying to issue commands too fast for the iTach unit.

Also, make sure all your gesture swipes START from within the image object. If you swipe across the image, but start outside of it by even a single pixel, it will not register the gesture because the image object was not the original touch point.

If you still have an issue, please recreate a sample project which shows the issue easily for us to replicate the issue and find a solution.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com