AppleTV Bluetooth Keyboard Support

Michael Carter

Jan 30, 2013, 10:37:32 PM1/30/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com

Hey CommandFusion Community!

Today Apple released an AppleTV update that allow bluetooth keyboards to communicate. This opens a huge door for us! I don't know about all of you, but I use these in just about every system for the Netflix UI, iTunes Match, etc. I think if we work together, there must be a way we can solve this. I've seen it done before by the community before with less popular products.

I know that communicating with these directly from iViewer isn't a possibility because of Apple's shitty Bluetooth APIs. Here's a thought, iTach and CF hardware allow you to communicate with serial, IR and relay devices, why not Bluetooth? Is there some device we can use that is similar to this that will allow us to talk Bluetooth over network?

Possibilities include:

-Some kind of bluetooth to network adapter

-Linux PC with bluetooth adapter and some small daemon to start communication (maybe a raspberry pi?)

Seggustions?

I'm happy to help code or test any idea the community can come up with, so lets go CF Community!

Mike

Rodrigo Zogaib

Jan 31, 2013, 10:35:26 AM1/31/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I use this to convert IR to Bluetooth and fully control a Playstation 3.

Check this too.

Rodrigo

danny keren

Feb 1, 2013, 7:07:53 PM2/1/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the post, just ordered one :-)
It's nice that it also can be used do distribute ir as well...

Have you contacted the manufacture yet about adding ATV control?

Rodrigo Zogaib

Feb 3, 2013, 7:41:23 AM2/3/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi Danny,
Indeed the IR distribution is a great feature.
There is a new post on the RE-BL forum about that. I'm watching.

Regards.

danny keren

Feb 4, 2013, 1:24:54 PM2/4/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
me too :-)

בתאריך יום ראשון, 3 בפברואר 2013 14:41:23 UTC+2, מאת Rodrigo Zogaib: