Auto update module stopped working

Rodrigo Zogaib

Feb 18, 2022, 7:01:56 AM2/18/22
to CommandFusion Software

Rodrigo Zogaib

Mar 3, 2022, 2:03:55 PM3/3/22
to CommandFusion Software
A few days ago it started working again but today the problem is back.

CF.log return this!
AUTO UPDATE ERROR: Both the 'Last-Modified' and 'Etag' headers were not sent with reply from the web server hosting the GUI file.

Rodrigo Zogaib

Mar 6, 2022, 3:55:25 AM3/6/22
to CommandFusion Software
Dropbox recently updated the backend server to use "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" (and accordingly not return the "Content-Length" response header) on HTTP/1.1. Any direction of what needs to be edited in the script or needs to be rewritten from scratch?

Jarrod Bell

Mar 6, 2022, 6:44:04 PM3/6/22
to comman...@googlegroups.com
The problem is that dropbox have stopped sending back the eTag header with HEAD requests. This is how the script checks for updates to a dropbox file without actually fully downloading it every time.

The script has now been updated to use a different method (ranging) to do a GET request instead, which still includes the eTag headers, without the entire content of the file having to be downloaded.
https://github.com/CommandFusion/DemoUserInterfaces/blob/master/AutoUpdate/autoupdate.js

You will need to change the requestMethod param to be "GET" as well (in your main.js) like in the updated example:
https://github.com/CommandFusion/DemoUserInterfaces/blob/master/AutoUpdate/main.js

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Rodrigo Zogaib

Mar 7, 2022, 6:52:07 AM3/7/22
to CommandFusion Software
Hi Jarrod, thanks for the great support!
I made the indicated changes but it didn't work. CF.log return this!

> LAST AUTO UPDATE TOKEN:
> AUTO UPDATE ERROR: GUI File URL returned HTTP Code 206
> UPDATE NOT REQUIRED: NULL

When I comment this part of the code below, it works perfectly.

//                        } else if (status != "200") {
//                                CF.log("AUTO UPDATE ERROR: GUI File URL returned HTTP Code " + status);
//                                callback(null);

Regards,
Rodrigo

Jarrod Bell

Mar 8, 2022, 4:52:02 PM3/8/22
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for confirming - I have updated the JS again to allow for HTTP responses in 200-299 range.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com