Negative X & Y

vmail

Mar 26, 2013, 7:19:41 AM3/26/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi, how do I place objects at negative x and y locations when using guiDesigner. When I enter a negative value it just converts it to a positive number. I can enter negative number in Notepad++ but its a pain to to keep switching between guiDesigner and Notepad++ and keep closing and opening guiDesigner

Clayton Vicente

Mar 26, 2013, 7:40:55 AM3/26/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com

To use negative values you have to use a .js i believe. Just create a function with CF.setProperties to manipulate the position of what you want.
Something like:
function setPosition(){
   CF.setProperties([{join:yourJoin1,x=-50},{join:yourJoin2,x=-100}])
}
setPosition();
Call the function in the CF.userMain or inside the .js, to positioned the object when your .gui load.

Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 04:19:41 -0700
From: vmai...@gmail.com
To: comman...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Negative X & Y

Hi, how do I place objects at negative x and y locations when using guiDesigner. When I enter a negative value it just converts it to a positive number. I can enter negative number in Notepad++ but its a pain to to keep switching between guiDesigner and Notepad++ and keep closing and opening guiDesigner

vmailtk5

Mar 26, 2013, 7:43:37 AM3/26/13
to commandfusion
JS does not run at design time so I cant see what it look like unless I keep uploading the gui file to the iPad,

Clayton Vicente

Mar 26, 2013, 7:53:45 AM3/26/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Ok, now i understand, you want to see in the guiDesigner. Well, i believe this its not possible, since the guiDesigner will always try to put your object inside the page size and if you put a object outside, how do you will be able to select it or see the button ? But i understand why you want this.

Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:43:37 +0000
Subject: Re: Negative X & Y
From: vmai...@gmail.com
To: comman...@googlegroups.com

vmailtk5

Mar 26, 2013, 7:55:17 AM3/26/13
to commandfusion
The object is larger than the page so it is always visible

Jarrod Bell

Mar 26, 2013, 8:34:20 AM3/26/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
It is not possible because guiDesigner always ensures objects are fully on the screen.
Maybe this is something we can change for future.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

vmailtk5

Mar 26, 2013, 8:36:33 AM3/26/13
to commandfusion
It would be nice you have something like VT Pros feature

Jarrod Bell

Mar 26, 2013, 8:46:36 AM3/26/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
VTPros "feature" is more of an annoyance, considering there was really no point to ever place an object off screen, other than lazy GUI development (at least when I was using VTPro years ago).

And that's how guiDesigner was programmed to work originally - there was no reason to have an object off screen because there were no animation options that JS now provides, so guiDesigner was smart enough to not allow it.
So now that we have these animation capabilities thanks to the powerful JavaScript API, maybe it's time to change some of the core guiDesigner behaviour like this.