Yamaha RX-A850 ip control Noob

Niklas Johansson

Dec 25, 2015, 12:07:31 PM12/25/15
to CommandFusion Software
Hi!

My old HarmanKardon AVR260 has been replaced by a Yamaha RX-A850 and now i like to control the yamaha using it's ip control.

I have the protocol and ip commands but i am not shure how to put it to work.

I made a new system that look like this:

System Name:RX-A850
Protocol:TCP Client
Ip Adress:192.168.0.137 (yamaha reciever ip adress)
Remote Port:0
Local Port:5000
Mode:Always On
Idle Timeout:0
Answer Timeout:0
Heartbeat Mode:No Heartbeat

Made a new command and put @MAIN:VOL=Up in Command Value box.
Tried it but nothing happens.

So, how do i proceed?

Rodrigo Zogaib

Dec 25, 2015, 8:44:24 PM12/25/15
to CommandFusion Software
Hi,
The correct is... Remote Port: 50000 and Local Port: 0.
And you should add to each command the Carriage Return (CR) and Line Feed (LF).
like this @MAIN:VOL=Up\x0D\x0A

Regards.

Niklas Johansson

Dec 26, 2015, 6:34:17 AM12/26/15
to CommandFusion Software
Hi Rodrigo!

Thank's for your reply!
Unfortunately that did not help.
I have control of the reciever using IR but in the end i want to use IP-control and have 2-way communication.
I think i have all IP-codes for control and recieve feedback but i don't know exactly how to use it.

For example, this is the command for volume up = "@MAIN:VOL=Up" without the Quote
And to get feedback, this is the command  = "@MAIN:VOL=?"

If someone friendly soul have some input to get this going i would appreciate it alot!

Cheer's!

Niklas Johansson

Dec 26, 2015, 6:46:51 AM12/26/15
to CommandFusion Software
Hi again Rodrigo!

It did work!
I missed to change port from 5000 to 50000, now it work's!

Thank's!

Well, then it's just the feedback to work out :-)

Cheer's

Rodrigo Zogaib

Dec 26, 2015, 8:03:05 AM12/26/15
to CommandFusion Software
Hi Niklas!

"@MAIN:VOL=?" is a request. You have to create a feedback to process it. Like this!

Cheer's!

Niklas Johansson

Dec 26, 2015, 11:21:58 AM12/26/15
to CommandFusion Software
Work's like a charm!
Great!
Thank you!

Niklas Johansson

Dec 27, 2015, 6:24:34 PM12/27/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Now when i have that going i have tried to get a gauge working but with no succes.
I have setup a feedback as you can se in the picture.
The gauge has analog join 1220.
The value i get from the reciever is from -80 to 16
Do i have to process the feedback?
Slider/gauge value is between 0 and 65535.
The only thing i see from the gauge is like it is at zero.

I hope you understand what i mean.

Cheer's

Barry Gordon

Dec 27, 2015, 7:17:46 PM12/27/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com

You will somehow have to scale the reply that is returned. I always do it in Javascript, but there might be more native ways.  In essence you must bias the number back (add 80) so it is in the range 0 to 96 in hout case. Then you need to scale the number to be in the range 0-65535.  Assuming X is the number (as a number not a string)) returned, the analog join value would be ((X+80)/96)*65535; or if the returned value is a string then (((strVal-0)+80)/96)*65535. If you subtract 0 from a string value Javascript converts the string to its numeric equivalent.

Jarrod Bell

Dec 27, 2015, 7:22:09 PM12/27/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
If you are using normal feedback parsing (not JavaScript), simply enter the min and max (-80 and 16) into the feedback capture group properties.
http://www.commandfusion.com/wiki2/software/gui-designer/system-manager/feedback-parsing/feedback-properties#min-val-max-val

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Barry Gordon

Dec 27, 2015, 7:26:42 PM12/27/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com

I'm Laughing at myself, I always know there is a simpler native way that CommandFusion has provided. It's just that I don't know them all, and find Javascript very convenient.

Dec 27, 2015, 7:32:04 PM12/27/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Simple isn't always best practice. You're bringing sexy back better than Justin Timberlake Master Gordon. JavaScript is sexy!
Best Regards
Scott Ahlers
Automated Designer

Jarrod Bell

Dec 27, 2015, 7:33:05 PM12/27/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I always jump straight into JavaScript as well, but often the feedback parsing options we provide natively will do the trick!

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Niklas Johansson

Dec 27, 2015, 8:22:47 PM12/27/15
to CommandFusion Software, jar...@commandfusion.com
Thank's Jarrod & Barry!

As you can se in the picture i put serial as data type and becouse of that i did not get the option to fill Min/Max value.
I changed Serial to Analog and now it work's!

Big thank's to both of you!