ios 10.1 message: "iViewer 4 can reduce performance of your iPhone"

Tulio

Oct 25, 2016, 8:23:54 PM10/25/16
to CommandFusion Software
CF Team, after upgrade to iOS 10.1, I received a message (once), that is something like this:  "iViewer 4 can reduce performance of your iPhone. The developer of this app needs to upgrade it to better its compatibility"

Since iViewer 5 is not ready, could you please release another version of iViewer 4 and Next that avoids this message?

See attached the original message in Portuguese

Túlio

Jarrod Bell

Oct 25, 2016, 8:56:26 PM10/25/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info. We are looking into this and will resolve it ASAP.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Tulio

Oct 31, 2016, 8:49:52 AM10/31/16
to CommandFusion Software
Jarrod, the app "Fusion", that uses engine 4.0.325, apparently doesn't show this warning message in iOS 10.1

Jarrod Bell

Oct 31, 2016, 6:51:44 PM10/31/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info!

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

panos_k75

Nov 1, 2016, 9:00:35 AM11/1/16
to CommandFusion Software
Sorry to hijack this - but i am confused:

1. The latest iViewer client that I can find on App Store is 4.0.303
2. Release notes reference the latest version as 4.0.319 (but i can't find this anywhere on app store)
3. and now this post suggests that there is another app using iViewer core engine 4.0.325?

What's the best or latest client that we need to install on a IOS device and where is this info located?

Jarrod Bell

Nov 1, 2016, 5:54:23 PM11/1/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
OEM versions will always have different build numbers because they are built at different times, after adding OEM branding info to the build process.

The fact that one of the OEM builds is not having the popup warning is related to the version of the SDK it was built against I believe. Nothing to do with the actual functionality of the app.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

panos_k75

Nov 1, 2016, 6:31:58 PM11/1/16
to CommandFusion Software
So what's the latest iViewer 4 version currently and publicly available? there is a still discrepancy between release notes and app store availability.

Jarrod Bell

Nov 1, 2016, 6:43:48 PM11/1/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
build 303 is latest on app store. 319 was held off from release until further testing (public release notes prematurely updated). We will be pushing a newer build of iViewer 4 soon.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

panos_k75

Nov 2, 2016, 5:44:44 AM11/2/16
to CommandFusion Software
ok thanks

Michał Jabłoński

Nov 17, 2016, 11:13:01 AM11/17/16
to CommandFusion Software
Hi Guys.

Any progress with actualization? I have plenty complains from customers which says:
"iVewer crashes after few minutes of work and also this info about reduced performance"

Please let me know if we have any progress witch this issue.

Thanks

Jarrod Bell

Nov 17, 2016, 4:36:08 PM11/17/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
This is purely a warning that the app was 32bit. It should not cause any crashes.
Please send crash logs of there are crashes.
http://www.commandfusion.com/wiki2/software/iviewer/crash-logs

We will be submitting a new build shortly to comply with the 64bit requirements.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Michał Jabłoński

Nov 17, 2016, 5:10:17 PM11/17/16
to CommandFusion Software
Well Jarrod, is not a full crash of app. Customers describing as "after few changes of pages or sending few commands app stops working. Commands are not send and all works very slowly". I can send You full gui file if You want. Just let me know.

Jarrod Bell

Nov 17, 2016, 5:17:10 PM11/17/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Sure can't hurt to send it through.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Michał Jabłoński

Nov 17, 2016, 5:23:29 PM11/17/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I’ll put those files on gdrive to large for e-mail.

Wiadomość napisana przez Jarrod Bell <jar...@commandfusion.com> w dniu 17.11.2016, o godz. 23:16:

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "CommandFusion Software" group.

Jarrod Bell

Nov 17, 2016, 5:25:18 PM11/17/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Is it the iPhone or iPad GUI that is having issues? Or both?

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Michał Jabłoński

Nov 17, 2016, 5:26:47 PM11/17/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Both.

iPhones is stop sending after few clicks.
iPads starts well, but then that same as iPhone.

Wiadomość napisana przez Jarrod Bell <jar...@commandfusion.com> w dniu 17.11.2016, o godz. 23:25:

Michał Jabłoński

Nov 17, 2016, 5:29:22 PM11/17/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
O, and please be carefull. You are connected to customer home when You run app. :)

Wiadomość napisana przez Michał Jabłoński <reginald....@gmail.com> w dniu 17.11.2016, o godz. 23:26:

Michał Jabłoński

Nov 21, 2016, 7:02:42 AM11/21/16
to CommandFusion Software
Hi Jarrod.

Any progress? Please let me know, customer can't stop asking ;)

Thx

Jarrod Bell

Nov 21, 2016, 6:11:55 PM11/21/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Sorry but the project is very complex and not something we can easily troubleshoot remotely.
Lots of JavaScript, lots of feedback processing, perhaps there is a memory leak somewhere in your JavaScript.
You will need to try with the debugger connected onsite and use some of the browser debugging tools to see if the scripts are causing any issues.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Michał Jabłoński

Nov 22, 2016, 1:17:57 AM11/22/16
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thx Jarrod.

Im not sure. Before iOS update all was working fine. I always use those scripts without any problems. Anyway I'll try with debugger. Thx for help

Pozdrawiam,
Michał Jabłoński