Press gesture do not seem to work

JohanJ

Sep 21, 2014, 2:09:40 AM9/21/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
The "press" gesture do not seem to be triggered at all, other gestures like pan and tap works fine. I use the pan gesture in a project but miss the initial press coordinates. I hope that I do something wrong here but I do not think so.

Attached is a project that should display a text for the three gestures tap, press and pan. Press do not work but the others work fine.

It has been reported before that gestures do not stick when saving a project but that it can't be reproduced by CF. This issue happens quite often for me and it's quite annoying since what one see in guiDesigner is wrong and only I realises the issue after debugging. Restarting guiDesigner and it works fine again. Maybe it only happens after long term usage; I most often just let the computer sleep and do not close guiDesigner. However, the issue happened during the time I prepared the tiny attaced project so it can't be that hard to reproduce;)

Cheers,

Johan
gesture.gui.zip

Clayton Vicente

Sep 21, 2014, 7:14:02 AM9/21/14
to CommandFusion Group
I just test your .gui example and works here without any problem. I have a "press" gestures in all my projects and is working on all of them too.
Ipad 2 (IOS 7.0.2)
iViewer 4.0.303
Regards
Clayton

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 23:09:40 -0700
From: johanje...@gmail.com
To: comman...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Press gesture do not seem to work

JohanJ

Sep 21, 2014, 7:33:32 AM9/21/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Clayton for testing. But are you really sure that the "Press" text appear when pressing the image with the text "Press me!" on top? I just tested on the below devices and I get no text for this gesture.

iPad air iOS8 iViewer V4.0.303 build 303
iPad retina first gen iOS8 iViewer V4.0.303 build 303
Nexus 7 iVewer ??

Clayton Vicente

Sep 21, 2014, 8:01:10 AM9/21/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johan,
Take a look on the picture, is working here, but i am not using IOS8.
Regards
---
Sent from Boxer | http://getboxer.com
image1.jpg

JohanJ

Sep 21, 2014, 8:20:47 AM9/21/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Really strange. But I forgot to write that I also tested on:
iPad 1 with iOS 5.1.1 iViewer Next 4.0.303
with the same result that the press gesture do not work.

Rodrigo Zogaib

Sep 21, 2014, 8:21:28 AM9/21/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Works fine here!

iPad Mini Retina iOS8 iViewer Next V4.0.303

Tulio

Sep 21, 2014, 11:42:32 AM9/21/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
works for me also

iPad 1, 3G, 32GB , iOS 5.1.1,  iViewer 4.0.303 . It takes about 2 seconds to show the "press" text while pressing
iPad mini 1, 16 GB, iOS 8 , iVIewer 4.0.303. It takes less time to show the "press" text, compared to iPad 1

Perhaps there are other settings in iPad that changes results.

.

Tulio

Sep 21, 2014, 11:47:53 AM9/21/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
another info: if you slide your finger, just a little bit, on press button, iViewer won't fire the press gesture

JohanJ

Sep 21, 2014, 12:32:11 PM9/21/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com

" It takes about 2 seconds to show the "press" text while pressing"
 That was the thing, I never waited that long. It works for me also if I hold down the finger. It's  just not how I imagined it. According to the wiki "Press gestures fire as soon as the object is pressed." Is this a bug or expected behaviour?

I thought I could use a press gesture to detect the first press and then use pan to track the changes.

I'm doing a panel for volume control for the entire House, one slider for each zone. This panel cover the current zones slider.  I wanted to slide from bottom of the screen to drag the panel up. But this is not possible when a slider is there. So I instead added a gesture area on top and track pan changes to either change the slider through JS and/or drag the panel up. This works fine but I miss the first press so it doesn't feel like a regular slider. Any suggestions for how I can achive this?

JohanJ

Sep 21, 2014, 12:51:58 PM9/21/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I added the gesture image underneath the slider and that works fine and is much simpler. So I have a solution.

But still, should the press action take this long to fire?