CF iViewer issue no Crestron "Push" unless I rotate device...

joshj

Feb 18, 2013, 4:20:09 PM2/18/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I'm using iViewer next on an iPad 3 (v 2/14/2013) 4.0.241, and when I connect to Crestron, I do not get any pushes, nor do I hear an audible button press, unless I rotate the device. Once rotated, a single press works and makes noise, however subsequent presses do nothing. Of course, rotating the device again allows 1 press.

I have no doubt this is something to do with the iPad or the iPad GUI file, as running an iPhone on the same Crestron port works as expected.

Anyone seen this before? It's quite strange....

vmailtk5

Feb 18, 2013, 4:46:13 PM2/18/13
to commandfusion
had an issue with page flip not working or button feedback until the iPad was rotated. (could only do this once after starting the app). The network requires a username and password to be entered to access the internet even though I did not want to use the internet

joshj

Feb 18, 2013, 5:23:36 PM2/18/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com, vmai...@gmail.com
yeah strange. Upon futher debugging - the iPad can page flip, then all buttons stop working, until you rotate again. Once you rotate, ALL buttons on that Page and that Page's Subpage work fine... If I change page, the buttons on the new page don't work until an orientation change.

Seems like something is wrong with CF iviewer app...

Jarrod Bell

Feb 18, 2013, 9:44:16 PM2/18/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Are you able to replicate this issue in a small GUI that you can send to us as a test case? Best if you can reproduce it in a very slimmed down GUI (just enough content to reproduce and nothing more).

If you cannot reproduce in another GUI, it might be some very rare combination of things. In which case, would you be able to send us the full GUI via File > Export > Project Archive, and email the zip file to support at commandfusion dot com.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Florent Pillet

Feb 19, 2013, 12:01:38 PM2/19/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Can you provide details as to what your setup is exactly? Every bit of info is valuable - hardware model, OS versions, what Crestron boxes you are using, how you interface with Crestron (iViewer protocol? CrestronMobile JS ? CIP JS ?) etc. Send your complete GUI folder to support at commandfusion dot com if you can.

Thanks,
Florent

--
Florent Pillet - Software Engineering Lead
www.commandfusion.com

Florent Pillet

Feb 19, 2013, 1:20:10 PM2/19/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
This is a bit confusing. Are these two issues related? Can you provide mode information?

Florent

On Feb 18, 2013, at 10:46 PM, vmailtk5 <vmai...@gmail.com> wrote:

> had an issue with page flip not working or button feedback until the iPad was rotated. (could only do this once after starting the app). The network requires a username and password to be entered to access the internet even though I did not want to use the internet

vmailtk5

Feb 19, 2013, 1:38:27 PM2/19/13
to commandfusion
The boats network was set to Yachtspot (The boat internet connects to a near by wifi signal). This hotspot connection required a username and password to connect to the internet, I did not have this information so the iPad would disconnect from the wifi. When the boats network was set to VSAT (no password is required to use the internet) everything was fine

Florent Pillet

Feb 19, 2013, 1:47:46 PM2/19/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Okay but ... how does this relate to iViewer? can you elaborate?

On Feb 19, 2013, at 7:38 PM, vmailtk5 <vmai...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The boats network was set to Yachtspot (The boat internet connects to a near by wifi signal). This hotspot connection required a username and password to connect to the internet, I did not have this information so the iPad would disconnect from the wifi. When the boats network was set to VSAT (no password is required to use the internet) everything was fine

joshj

Feb 19, 2013, 2:03:43 PM2/19/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com, jar...@commandfusion.com
Hardware is - Crestron MC3 and iPad 3 (Retina) and Software is Crestron Module 4.5 and iViewer Next 4.0.241, there is no JS at all or any "macros" in the GUI file. I'll email the GUI project file to your support with info as well.

Nadim Awan

Feb 20, 2013, 3:57:44 AM2/20/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
The login page would open on top of iViewer, as soon as the wifi
connection is used

Sent from my iPhone

Florent Pillet

Feb 20, 2013, 4:15:45 AM2/20/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
This has nothing to do with iViewer, and everything to do with how your network is configured.

The OS is bringing up the login page over the current application, it is not iViewer showing it.

Florent

On Feb 20, 2013, at 9:57 AM, Nadim Awan <vmai...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The login page would open on top of iViewer, as soon as the wifi
> connection is used

Colin

Feb 20, 2013, 11:16:34 AM2/20/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
i have seen similar issues with Iviewer next.

After the first page flip it appears that no further commands are sent to the Crestron. I am using the Crestron module and an AV2 processor.

I had some correspondence about this with Jarod some time ago but I didnt pursue it as he seemed to think it was related to my IOS software 4.3.3 (Ipad1) which I did not want to change as I did not want to loose the features of Fusion lock next

Unfortunately I am traveling for the next 3 weeks so I cannot verify if rotating the ipad fixes it

Florent Pillet

Feb 21, 2013, 4:10:43 AM2/21/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
We received confirmation that the issue lies with iOS 4. If you update the iPad to the latest iOS, the problem will go away.

Florent