Updating from Galaxy Tab S3 (Android 4.2.2 - iViewer 4.0.201) to Galaxy Tab S7 FE (Android 12 - iViewer 5.0.7) issue 2 - Command to CF LAN Bridge no longer working

M Z

Sep 6, 2022, 12:06:21 PM9/6/22
to CommandFusion Software
My apologies if this is in the wrong group - it is perhaps a hardware issue

I have a CF LAN Bridge and a CF IR Blaster in my system. Prior to getting the Galaxy Tab S7 FE, using System Commander, I updated the firmware for both the IR Blaster and the LAN Bridge. Then, I added an IR rule that would trigger "System On" and "System Off" commands that I have in my LAN Bridge. I previously had two other IR Rules in the IR Blaster that triggered the corresponding on/off commands from different IR codes from the IR emitter on the Galaxy Tab S3. Since the S7 FE no longer has an IR Emitter, I needed to be able to turn my system on and off (during the transition between the old and new Tabs) by using IR from another, Media PC remote.

I successfully added the new on/off IR Rules alongside the existing on/off IR Rules and the new IR Rules work properly in response to the button presses on the Media PC remote.

At that point, I still had the S3 and I had not changed the iViewer 4.0.201 configuration on the S3, however, when I pressed the buttons that trigger the rules in the LAN Bridge, the buttons no longer worked.

I now have the S7 FE, and I am transitioning the iViewer configuration to iViewer 5.0.7. I have changed a few things, but there is still an entry in System Manager for my CF LAN Bridge, and the configuration for the LAN Bridge in the System Manager has not changed.

The buttons that execute the system on/off commands look like they are properly configured to execute the corresponding commands in the System Manager for the LAN Bridge. In addition, I have an entry in the System Manager for a Yamaha receiver that is processed by Java Script and is, in general, operating properly.

Further, if I execute the system on/off rules in the LAN Bridge from the System Commander, they both work properly.

Any ideas as to what the issue might be? I assume that it has something to do with the LAN Bridge configuration, but I am not sure what to check.

Thanks.