Foxtel remote as IR input

rich

Aug 26, 2013, 12:40:10 AM8/26/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com

Hey,

I have a client who would like to use a standard remote for control in addition to the existing iViewer interface. I was hoping to use the Foxtel (Sky/Pace) remote for this and was wondering if anyone had given it a go yet. Just wanted to check before going and ordering the hardware (IR Blaster).

rich

Aaron

Aug 26, 2013, 8:33:27 PM8/26/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Are you talking about using the IR Blaster to receive a IR signal, then blast out another IR signal?
ie using one remote to replace many remotes?

Richard Mullins

Aug 26, 2013, 9:37:19 PM8/26/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
That is essentially correct. We have iViewer up and running but the client would like the ability to use his Foxtel remote as well as the iPad. I was hoping to just do some basic switching (pressing the Foxtel button will run the Macro on the Mini to change to Foxtel for example) and in some cases just pass keys through (pressing 1 on the remote would run send the IR command for Foxtel 1).

I know the Foxtel remote is a bit of a pain to learn so was wondering if I'm likely to strike problems and should look to an alternative.

rich

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Aaron <aa...@commandfusion.com> wrote:
Are you talking about using the IR Blaster to receive a IR signal, then blast out another IR signal?
ie using one remote to replace many remotes?

Aaron

Aug 26, 2013, 11:14:04 PM8/26/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
With regards to the learning... we have not yet come across a code that our IR Learner cant learn!

Ive asked tech support to come in and answer your other questions.

Jarrod Bell

Aug 28, 2013, 6:46:14 AM8/28/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
We are going to ship you an IR Blaster unit to do a proof of concept with Richard. Do you have a LAN Bridge available to use it with? Or do you want us to send you a loan unit of that too?

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CommandFusion Software" group.