"Click through" image over for a button in a vertical list

cptainmtt

May 19, 2013, 10:14:38 AM5/19/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Would there be any reason why a button placed under an image with the 'click through' option enabled would not work when placed within a list? No active state change and no commands fired. Button works fine when I put the image underneath... trying to limit the amount of articles in the list to keep the scrolling as smooth as possible. The images over the buttons are loaded dynamically so being able to change an overlay for a button could be a handy treat :))  !!

Catch!
Matt

Barry Gordon

May 19, 2013, 12:08:35 PM5/19/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Works fine for me. I use that exact scenario.

Sent from my iPad

cptainmtt

May 19, 2013, 12:21:00 PM5/19/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm, not an android teething issue by any chance? The click through works fine everywhere else so far.
dang, really dont want to have to go buy and iPad to cross test this :p hehe

Pretty straight forward, button 2nd item down z-index (under image) . There are other buttons laid out horizontally in the list item, but they don't overlap. And the other buttons don't respond either - they have some text over them...

Cheers,
Matt

PS. Horizontal gestures in a vertical list are absolutely useless for me too...!! Im testing on an Asus TF700 tab.

Barry Gordon

May 19, 2013, 12:47:57 PM5/19/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com

I can only speak for the iPad/iPhone version.

cptainmtt

May 19, 2013, 12:51:50 PM5/19/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
The buttons with the text over the respond, but only in the gaps where there isn't a text object. There's no option for "click through" text :(

Florent Pillet

May 21, 2013, 3:16:07 AM5/21/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
This issue has been fixed internally and will be available in the next build. It's not you - you are right that images with the Click-through flag don't actually click-through in lists.

Florent

On May 19, 2013, at 4:14 PM, cptainmtt <matthew...@gmail.com> wrote:

Would there be any reason why a button placed under an image with the 'click through' option enabled would not work when placed within a list? No active state change and no commands fired. Button works fine when I put the image underneath... trying to limit the amount of articles in the list to keep the scrolling as smooth as possible. The images over the buttons are loaded dynamically so being able to change an overlay for a button could be a handy treat :))  !!

--
Florent Pillet - Software Engineering Lead

cptainmtt

May 21, 2013, 6:32:05 AM5/21/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! Will buttons be 'pressable' under text too, or have the click-thru option?

Another problem was a page gesture grabbing the presses too.... Worked around by moving gesture to a see thru image that doesn't overlap the list.
Cheers,
Matt

Florent Pillet

May 21, 2013, 10:34:45 AM5/21/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Build 152 is up with the click-through images fix included.

I'm not sure about your gesture issue, please open a bug on our github tracker if you still see it with #152. The more information you provide, the better (ideally, a test case GUI)

Florent

On May 21, 2013, at 12:32 PM, cptainmtt <matthew...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Awesome! Will buttons be 'pressable' under text too, or have the click-thru option?
>
> Another problem was a page gesture grabbing the presses too.... Worked around by moving gesture to a see thru image that doesn't overlap the list.
> Cheers,
> Matt

Nouv Dep

May 23, 2013, 2:41:10 PM5/23/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
do i understand this right if i tell this:
I have a subpage with a gesture (slide left and slide right) to go to another subpage,
the problem is that the gesture control only works when i slide where there are no buttons.
what i want to achieve i the standard idevice gesture, like onthe home screen, button that react to the press, and a slide gesture to go from one page to another.

thanks

Barry Gordon

May 23, 2013, 3:08:55 PM5/23/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com

Have you tried playing around with the zorder of objects on the page? For example if put 1% transparent image over the whole page and then change the zorder of your list such that it is in front of this transparent image. If you then assign gesture to the transparent image it should work everywhere except where the list is as the list should "block" the gesture from being seen.

do i understand this right if i tell this:

I have a subpage with a gesture (slide left and slide right) to go to another subpage,
the problem is that the gesture control only works when i slide where there are no buttons.

what i want to achieve i the standard idevice gesture, like onthe home screen, button that react to the press, and a slide gesture to go from one page to another.

thanks

2013/5/21 Florent Pillet <[Barry Gordon] a[Barry Gordon]  1% transparent image over the whole page>

--
Florent Pillet - Software Engineering Lead
www.commandfusion.com

Jarrod Bell

May 23, 2013, 8:04:55 PM5/23/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Gestures only work if your initial touch is outside the area of any other object (except images, which themselves can contain gestures).

But if you use an image on top of other objects, and set it to click through mode, it will no longer trigger gestures either (because it has no hit area detection when in click through mode).

There is no way to currently implement a feature like the home page of your iOS device. This is on our list of things to eventually develop support for, but is not a high priority.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Nouv Dep

May 24, 2013, 2:24:06 AM5/24/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Jarrod,

Thx for the quick reply and clarification.
Altought i would have liked another answer ;-)

regards