Multiple subpages on the same page

vmail

Mar 22, 2013, 7:37:16 AM3/22/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Why cant I have the same subpage on a page but with different join numbers like we can do VT Pro? It's a bit redundant have 2 separate subpages with different names but have the same contents.

Jarrod Bell

Mar 22, 2013, 8:57:45 AM3/22/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps a better question would have been "Can we add X feature for this reason" rather than "why doesn't X work already". Honey Vs vinegar.

There is no "join offset" option for subpages in iViewer at this stage. It is on the feature request list for future development however.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

On 22/03/13 10:37 PM, vmail wrote:
Hi, Why cant I have the same subpage on a page but with different join numbers like we can do VT Pro? It's a bit redundant have 2 separate subpages with different names but have the same contents. --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CommandFusion Software" group.

vmailtk5

Mar 22, 2013, 9:11:15 AM3/22/13
to commandfusion
Hi, I dont mean join offset, never used it because I'll probably get confused with the join numbers.

Jarrod Bell

Mar 22, 2013, 9:12:46 AM3/22/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Then why would you want the same subpage twice on a page if its contents are all using the same joins? Isn't that a bit redundant?

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

vmailtk5

Mar 22, 2013, 9:17:37 AM3/22/13
to commandfusion
It's the way the original programmer has done the crestron coding, I've taken over the project and if I was to correct the coding it would take a long time to do as well as the iPad upgrade. If I start by removing the duplicate subpage coding then I'll end up replacing the buffers with cross points, etc

Jarrod Bell

Mar 22, 2013, 9:21:53 AM3/22/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
So it comes down to lazy programming because the original programmer didn't want to use the correct logic to show a subpage to begin with (and instead just plonked a heap of subpage references on the screen).
Not sure we should be basing our developing efforts on the laziness of other programmers. Subpage offsets makes sense, but this does not.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

vmailtk5

Mar 22, 2013, 9:24:15 AM3/22/13
to commandfusion
I don't think its lazy programming, looks like they did not have the knowledge on how to code a bit more efficently

Jason Melvin

Mar 22, 2013, 9:28:36 AM3/22/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Can't you use put an OR in the Crestron program, so that the single CF subpage shows with any one of multiple triggers?

vmailtk5

Mar 22, 2013, 9:44:08 AM3/22/13
to commandfusion
yeah, I'm doing something similar now, I have added several or symbols. but the or output goes to a new join number because the old TPS 6x panels will still be inuse