Wrap text issue on iViewer (Next) V4.0.346

Rodrigo Zogaib

Dec 26, 2016, 1:10:00 PM12/26/16
to CommandFusion Software
This problem is prior to this version but only now I am reporting it.
Text boxes with the wrap text option are not shown correctly. Maybe some problem with text alignment. In iViewer 4 (V4.0.303) everything is ok.
Attached an example.
guiDesigner: 2.7.4.711

Rodrigo.

wrap_text.gui

Tulio

Jan 7, 2017, 2:29:51 PM1/7/17
to CommandFusion Software
same problem in iViewer 5.0.0 build 151

Rodrigo Zogaib

Jan 9, 2017, 7:26:45 AM1/9/17
to CommandFusion Software
Thank you for notifying.

Tulio

Apr 13, 2017, 11:29:01 PM4/13/17
to CommandFusion Software
 v4.0.350 has the problem when the text has alignment: MiddleCenter (in the example it is the newtheme_1)

(tested in iViewer Next  v4.0.350, iPhone 6 Plus 10.3.1, guiDesigner 2.7.4.711)

Túlio

Jarrod Bell

Apr 17, 2017, 8:57:25 PM4/17/17
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback Túlio, looking into this one again before we push the iV4 update.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Rodrigo Zogaib

Apr 20, 2017, 10:53:25 AM4/20/17
to CommandFusion Software
Thanks Jarrod!

Jarrod Bell

Apr 25, 2017, 11:18:31 PM4/25/17
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Please re-test this in latest iViewer Next release on app store (approved today).

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Tulio

Apr 25, 2017, 11:19:20 PM4/25/17
to CommandFusion Software
v4.0.351 solved the initial issue, but brought a collateral effect: if I use a "enter" in the middle of the text, the text in iPhone/iPad is overlapping.

Please see picture of the issue and gui used to test.

Workaround: either use enter and don't use "wrap text?" option or don't use enter and use "wrap text?" option

iPhone 6plus, ios 10.3.1
iPad mini 1, ios 9.3.5
iViewer Next 4.0.351

Em segunda-feira, 17 de abril de 2017 21:57:25 UTC-3, Jarrod Bell escreveu:
wrap_text(zogaib).gui
IMG_0638.PNG

Barry Gordon

Apr 27, 2017, 9:58:12 AM4/27/17
to CommandFusion Software
iViewer 351:

Yes there is a problem with an "Enter" in the middle of text when text is aligned middle center . I have not tried all alignments.

Please fix in both iViewer Next and iViewer 4 as I use both on the same iPad, one for testing and one for experimental work; unless there is a way to have two copies of the same iViewer on a single iPad

Jarrod Bell

Apr 27, 2017, 6:49:15 PM4/27/17
to comman...@googlegroups.com
iViewer 4 does not have this issue currently. We use iViewer Next to test new releases, so once we have a release with no reported issues we would push that as iViewer 4.

You cannot run two copies of the same app on a single device.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Tulio

May 12, 2017, 6:41:08 AM5/12/17
to CommandFusion Software
Sorry Jarrod, in my opinion, the V4.0.352 is worst. In this version, even without the option "wrap text?" activated the text is overlapped. So, we don't have anymore a workaround in this version... Please see attached a test gui

In my opinion, v4.0.351 is good enough.
wrap_text(zogaib)_multiline_wrap.gui
IMG_0768.PNG

Barry Gordon

May 13, 2017, 3:27:50 PM5/13/17
to CommandFusion Software
Button text no longer wraps properly. I am using a simple button theme which places the text middle center. I add an overlay image to the button in the upper left corner when designing the button. The overlay image is fine.  When I set up the text I add spaces prior to the text to position the text to the right of the overlay image.  I then use an Enter between the two words (e.g. Home Screen) and add spaces prior to the second word to center it under the first word.  It looks fine in guiDesigner. On the iPad (iPAd2 ios 9.3.5) The two words are over layed on the first line making them unreadable,  i.e. the carriage return is disregarded.

If I leave out the spaces for the second line the second line appears below the first as it should but it is to far to the left appearing partially under the overlay image.
If I remove the Enter and let the system layout the two words (text wraparound, but there is no option on the button to allow or inhibit text wrap) it sets it up as if I just used an ENTER with no spaces, i.e. the second line is too far left.

This is really not acceptable as there is no longer a way to setup text properly when an overlay is used on a button; or am I missing something. It's as if the text wrap feature is automatic for buttons. For text fields the text wrap is an option allowing proper control over text placement using an Enter and spaces with text wrap off; or letting the system do the layout by using text wrap and no carriage returns (Enter) in the text string.

The solution stated in a thread on text fields relating to this problem stated to not use text wrap when there is a carriage return in the string.  This solution is not possible for buttons as the text wrap feature is not an option.

JohanJ

May 13, 2017, 4:34:13 PM5/13/17
to CommandFusion Software
I also get issues with text wrapping in iviewer next 4.0.352 when buttons are used in list. Buttons now always seems to auto wrap text and it looks bad. Before the text were cut if the whole text didnt fit and that were good.

I suggest to make wrapping configurable in guidesigner button themes and keep the default from before to not wrap text.

Barry Gordon

May 13, 2017, 5:24:12 PM5/13/17
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I strongly agree with Johanj.

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 13, 2017, at 4:34 PM, JohanJ <johanje...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I also get issues with text wrapping in iviewer next 4.0.352 when buttons are used in list. Buttons now always seems to auto wrap text and it looks bad. Before the text were cut if the whole text didnt fit and that were good.
>
> I suggest to make wrapping configurable in guidesigner button themes and keep the default from before to not wrap text.

Jarrod Bell

May 14, 2017, 12:35:14 AM5/14/17
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reports. We will simply fix it to work same as before the update.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Tulio

May 14, 2017, 3:40:35 PM5/14/17
to CommandFusion Software
Myy contribution about the issue Barry and Johan wrote:
Please see another test gui and results inside a button and in a text
Túlio
multiline_and_button_wrap_text.gui
wrap-text_v4-0-352.png

Jarrod Bell

May 14, 2017, 8:18:31 PM5/14/17
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the test case. I am working on a more complete test GUI to sort this wrapping issue once and for all.

In Johan's case, the button text theme was set to "Middle Left" alignment, which in iViewer 4.0.303 was incorrectly rendering as "Top Left" when text was larger than the button itself.
In iViewer Next 4.0.352, it correctly renders it "Middle Left" which makes some of the top of the text and bottom of text cut off if the text is too large for the button area.
I guess to avoid issues in customer builds, we need to cludge the latest release to work "incorrectly" like before. But iViewer 5 will have the correct "Middle" vertical alignment working within buttons.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Tulio

May 14, 2017, 8:55:44 PM5/14/17
to CommandFusion Software
if I can vote, I vote on you :-) I agree to the decision to rollback as it was before, to avoid reprogramming in all customers. Sorry to make you spend time with this.
Túlio

Barry Gordon

May 15, 2017, 11:45:50 AM5/15/17
to comman...@googlegroups.com

Please be sure to address the case of  a button with a graphic. I have many buttons with a small graphic in the upper left corner. The only way to get the text to properly "wrap around" is to use spaces and a carriage return for multi line text.  I believe making the text not wrap by default  will solve the problem. Ideally text wrapping should be an option as it is on a text box.

Jarrod Bell

May 15, 2017, 6:40:58 PM5/15/17
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Yes the test case covers pushing text down with carriage returns. Thanks for the report!

We will look at adding wrap options for buttons in iViewer 5.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Tulio

May 18, 2017, 7:04:10 PM5/18/17
to CommandFusion Software
as I could test, the issues were solved in the new version 4.0.353

Barry and Johan, is up to you to see if it solved your cases too.

Túlio

Barry Gordon

May 19, 2017, 10:38:58 AM5/19/17
to comman...@googlegroups.com

version 353 has solved all my issues

May 19, 2017, 10:46:13 AM5/19/17
to CommandFusion Software
Do be more precise, v 353 solved all my issues regarding text placement in text fields and buttons with/without graphic overlays.  The only issues remaining for me are the download error messages when loading a gui, and the issue of not loading graphics where the path is constructed during execution when loading from a zip archive.  I believe Jarrod is aware of these issues and has a test case.

Rodrigo Zogaib

May 20, 2017, 7:01:23 AM5/20/17
to CommandFusion Software
As Barry said, all text-related problems were solved.
Thank you Jarrod and all of you who helped with this case.

Jarrod Bell

May 20, 2017, 10:43:26 PM5/20/17
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Excellent. Thanks for the reports everyone!

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com