iViewer not displaying the gui

Jane House

Dec 3, 2014, 11:32:33 AM12/3/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com

I am trying to publish the gui following directions in your tutorial. I went to File > Upload Service > Start... and there it hangs. Is it supposed to stop when done, or am I supposed to stop it?
Also, I installed and configured iViewer 4 on my iPad, and typed in the URL as in guiDesigner, but when I go click on the app, I see intro screen "You must configure iViewer" - I already did!
Thanks,

Terence

Dec 3, 2014, 11:38:22 AM12/3/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
You're supposed to stop the Upload Service once it's done. Try looking at the link below again:
http://www.commandfusion.com/wiki2/software/gui-designer/guidesigner-quick-start-guide#uploading-to-your-device

Andy Greaves

Dec 3, 2014, 11:41:51 AM12/3/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jane,

Are you starting the upload service before you start the iviewer app?  I have found that you need to do it this way or it can sometimes fail.

Do you see the green activity light flash or a serial number appear on the upload service window?

Andy.

Jane House

Dec 3, 2014, 11:45:06 AM12/3/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I looked at that article but I can't find anything about Stopping it when done. How do I know when it's done?

Jane House

Dec 3, 2014, 12:32:06 PM12/3/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
OK, it's working now. After I messed with settings on iPad I didn't really really restarted the app, so in iPad I had to force quit iViewer by double-clicking Home button, and shutting down the app from there, then when I restarted it. Also in guiDesigner my Connected Device ID number appeared. Thanks all!

Andy Greaves

Dec 3, 2014, 12:58:37 PM12/3/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Glad you got it sorted Jane.

That was going to be my next suggestion (honestly!)

I find that when I'm debugging things i end up re-uploading loads of times so I make sure multi gesture is enabled so I can use four finger swipe up to close the app rather than a double tap of the home button, just so it saves wear on the button.

Andy.

Jarrod Bell

Dec 3, 2014, 4:56:21 PM12/3/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
When debugging, just disable multitasking in iViewer settings.
Then when you do a normal close of the app, then open it again its like you did a force close.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com