Registration Info not found

Chris B.

Mar 25, 2013, 10:51:52 AM3/25/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've just updated an iPad form iOS 5.x to the newest 6.x and reset it to factory defaults. After installing iViewer and configured it I have a message saying that registration info is not found.
Gui file is downloaded from apache web server. It is compressed using guiDesigner. Device registration code is still in gui file (checked with notepad).

Could someone tell me what happened here?

Chris

vmailtk5

Mar 25, 2013, 11:03:07 AM3/25/13
to commandfusion
you'll probably need the new hardware ID, this has happened to me before and I had to faf around with web servers to get the header info that was being sent from iviewer

Chris

Florent Pillet

Mar 25, 2013, 11:29:22 AM3/25/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Or you can just look at the guiDesigner download window, which displays it.

Florent

--
Florent Pillet - Software Engineering Lead

Florent Pillet

Mar 25, 2013, 11:33:18 AM3/25/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Resetting from factory defaults then reinstalling iViewer without restoring from a backup results in losing the device UDID (unique identifier). Apple prevents us from accessing this UDID since iOS 6.

Since last summer, iViewer started to memorize this UDID in a safe place, so as to keep existing installs running even if you upgraded to iOS 6. But this scenario can't work if you do a factory reset, which wipes all data including iViewer's.

You can use our new license management web interface and follow the instructions there to obtain the new device indentifer for this iPad and transfer the existing license.

Florent

Chris B.

Mar 25, 2013, 1:15:59 PM3/25/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for detailed information. I've got a problem then. I'm 300 km away from client's iPad and I was not the one who has bought this licence. I've got only device id and registration code. What should I do to fix it? Should I downgrade iPad to ios 5?

Chris

vmailtk5

Mar 25, 2013, 1:26:14 PM3/25/13
to commandfusion
I dont think downgrading is possible with Apple.

On 25 March 2013 17:15, Chris B. <krzysztof...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for detailed information. I've got a problem then. I'm 300 km away from client's iPad and I was not the one who has bought this licence. I've got only device id and registration code. What should I do to fix it? Should I downgrade iPad to ios 5?

Chris

Florent Pillet

Mar 25, 2013, 1:31:36 PM3/25/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Downgrading is not allowed by Apple. You will have to reprovision the GUI. You mentioned that the GUI is delivered by a webserver: if you can remotely connect to it, you can extract the device ID information from the headers sent by iViewer to the server, get the new license then update the GUI.

You could also have the customer change the GUI URL temporarily to register the device under your account (following the instructions in the wiki link I previously sent) but this is a bit dangerous that the user could screw up the settings.

Florent

On Mar 25, 2013, at 6:15 PM, "Chris B." <krzysztof...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for detailed information. I've got a problem then. I'm 300 km away from client's iPad and I was not the one who has bought this licence. I've got only device id and registration code. What should I do to fix it? Should I downgrade iPad to ios 5?

Chris B.

Mar 25, 2013, 5:09:26 PM3/25/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Okey, in Apache logs I've found (modified part of it with XXXX):

192.168.1.133 - - [26/Mar/2013:14:41:12 +0100] "GET /?uid=D1BD0127-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-D9A2B221FA64 HTTP/1.1" 200 1019
192.168.1.133 - - [26/Mar/2013:14:41:12 +0100] "GET /gui.zip HTTP/1.1" 200 1517995

is it proper ID or should I log whole header? If it is correct, then what should I do with it? I have developer account on CF website, but this licence is not connected with it. Company that delivered hardware for my client has bought it and I was given only registration codes (my client has two iPads, so two licences, but fortunately the second one is not updated yet).
I've tried to find something on your wiki, but with no success.

Chris

Florent Pillet

Mar 25, 2013, 6:38:09 PM3/25/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
The D1BD0127-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-D9A2B221FA64 is the device's UID. You will need to contact support at commandfusion and provide initial details, including the iPad's unique ID as it appears in iTunes and the name of the company that originally generated the license.

I'm not sure how this will be handled internally, please open a support ticket for the resolution of this issue.

Florent

On Mar 25, 2013, at 10:09 PM, Chris B. <krzysztof...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okey, in Apache logs I've found (modified part of it with XXXX):
>
> 192.168.1.133 - - [26/Mar/2013:14:41:12 +0100] "GET /?uid=D1BD0127-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-D9A2B221FA64 HTTP/1.1" 200 1019
> 192.168.1.133 - - [26/Mar/2013:14:41:12 +0100] "GET /gui.zip HTTP/1.1" 200 1517995
>
> is it proper ID or should I log whole header? If it is correct, then what should I do with it? I have developer account on CF website, but this licence is not connected with it. Company that delivered hardware for my client has bought it and I was given only registration codes (my client has two iPads, so two licences, but fortunately the second one is not updated yet).
> I've tried to find something on your wiki, but with no success.

Jarrod Bell

Mar 25, 2013, 7:29:44 PM3/25/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
There is a wealth of information on the wiki regarding licensing. This one in particular has all the information you need:
http://www.commandfusion.com/wiki2/software/iviewer/licensing/license-not-working

To transfer your license, you will need access to the account that the device is currently licensed under.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com