Re: Failed Loading User Interface

Jarrod Bell

Jul 23, 2022, 6:49:55 AM7/23/22
to comman...@googlegroups.com, jason herrick
You need to open the guiDesigner project in guiDesigner to load it onto your device using the Upload Service within guiDesigner.

Please let us know the details you are using to load the GUI. Usually that message means the URL you are using is incorrect and pointing to something that is not a GUI file.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

On 23/7/22 6:42 am, jason herrick wrote:
I cannot seem to load my gui file, which was purchased from the store.commandfusion.com.  the streamline_iphone5 gui will not load on either an ipad mini 2 using iviewer4, or an ipad air 2 using iviewer5.

Its a purchased file, else I would link my gui url in the message.

The app says "Failed Loading User Interface"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jason herrick

Jul 25, 2022, 8:40:23 PM7/25/22
to Jarrod Bell, comman...@googlegroups.com
Yes,  So sorry to waste your time on such a pitiful mistake!

First I would like to tell you how great your program is.  A real lifesaver, I wish I would of known about this ten years ago before I got stuck with openremote, I wouldnt be rewriting all of this!

I am curious about the process to license / reload gui with the android app, as I dont see any options for this.  Do I have to modify a config file in the android directory?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Either way, I had some ipads just lounging around so I was able to get them up and running to test the projects out.

Terence Lau

Jul 25, 2022, 11:11:25 PM7/25/22
to CommandFusion Software
The concept is generally the same though the process of accessing the menus in Android devices will be different. In newer versions of the Android app, there is a separate app just for the settings. For older devices and app version, you'll need to press and hold certain buttons to bring up the context menu - it'll be different from device to device so you'll probably need to google it up.

http://www.commandfusion.com/wiki2/software/iviewer/how-to-access-iviewer-settings

jason herrick

Jul 25, 2022, 11:23:24 PM7/25/22
to comman...@googlegroups.com
So i took some screenshots, but there is no place to modify the app that i can see.  It works obviously im just missing something.

Screenshot_20220725-222025_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20220725-222014_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20220725-221930_iViewer.jpg

jason herrick

Jul 25, 2022, 11:39:17 PM7/25/22
to comman...@googlegroups.com
So, little lost here.   A) had to sideload the app to the device because it's not on playstore B) can't locate any app named iviewer settings. C) can't find an apk that even fits your description.

Jarrod Bell

Jul 26, 2022, 3:53:42 AM7/26/22
to comman...@googlegroups.com, jason herrick
The iViewer Settings app icon will be displayed on your home screen, it's not a separate app that you need to install.
So once you install the iviewer APK you will get both iViewer and iViewer Settings icons.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

jason herrick

Jul 27, 2022, 10:38:34 PM7/27/22
to Jarrod Bell, comman...@googlegroups.com
Ok, Just FYI.  The newest iviewer does not include the iViewer Settings app. I installed an older apk and the settings app installed.  Thanks for your help.

Jarrod Bell

Jul 28, 2022, 4:27:35 AM7/28/22
to jason herrick, comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,

Can you please be more specific about which versions did and did not have the settings icon?

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

jarle henriksen

Jul 28, 2022, 7:07:14 AM7/28/22
to CommandFusion Software
Hi !
In the later versions "Settings" do not appear on the home screen, but on some other page, you will have to swipe to find it !

Regards
Jarle

jason herrick

Aug 11, 2022, 7:07:17 PM8/11/22
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your response.  Sorry it has taken me this long to respond,  just wanted to be as accurate as i could.   The 5007 version from the older versions link,  the apk installs properly. The latest.apk from the direct download link does not install the iviewer settings app.

I have verified this with my s22, tab a7, and tab4 (sm-t230)...

Message has been deleted

jason herrick

Aug 20, 2022, 2:11:47 PM8/20/22
to CommandFusion Software
i could swipe all day long, it wasnt there.  literally a new android install, it had maybe a page and a 1/2 to look at.