How to change button properties with feedback parsing

RafTar

Apr 4, 2013, 4:18:50 PM4/4/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I have two question:

 1. How to change button state with incoming data ? Is there any gui demo where I can see js example ?
 2. Is it possible to change button caption text with incoming data ? Is there any demo ?

  Thanks in advance

Jarrod Bell

Apr 4, 2013, 4:29:10 PM4/4/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
1. Yes, using feedback to manipulate the digital join assigned to your button. There are lots of JS examples in our GitHub 'Demo User Interfaces' repo:
https://github.com/CommandFusion/DemoUserInterfaces

2. Yes, you first assign a serial join to your button states, then manipulate the value assigned to this serial join via feedback.

Both answers involve using regular expressions to capture the data, then assign that captured data to a join.

See our wiki for details on feedback parsing:
http://www.commandfusion.com/wiki2/software/gui-designer/system-manager/feedback-parsing

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

  Thanks in advance --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CommandFusion Software" group.

Barry Gordon

Apr 4, 2013, 4:33:24 PM4/4/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Yes. In JS it is quite simple.  When you have parsed the reply and you know what you want the text to say just change the value of the serial join assigned to the button using CF.setJoin or CF.setJoins.

When you build the button in guiDesigner you will have two states, active and inactive. If sync states is checked then the serial joins will be the same, if it is not checked then you can have one serial join for the active state and one for the inactive state.  Obviously the state is controlled by the digital join of the button.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad