Synology AudioStation

Vladimir Shabunin

Feb 1, 2015, 8:39:57 PM2/1/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

today I present js module for Synology AudioStation application.
Change audioStation.ip, login and password to yours(default is demo.synology.com), leave protocol 'http'.

Facilities: sorting library by Albums, Artists, Composers, Genres, control of remote player(sending playlist, changing volume, getting feedback).
I didn't include searching functionality, browsing folders, and working with current remote player playlist yet but I will do it in future.

Also I have a questions about image element.
First, is that possible to get image over https protocol?
Second question about caching. For images I use link that looks like getcover.cgi?album_name=Album&other=params. But some albums, artists don't have an image. In this case error 404 is returning. So in this case default image(Audio CD.png) should be shown. When I launch iViewer with debugger just after loading gui everything is ok but when I launch iViewer with remembered gui instead of default image I get blank. I think it is because I unchecked Allow Cache option in image component property. But if I have it checked images have a more strange behavior. Look attached screenshot blank_images.png.

blank_images.PNG
IMG_1164.PNG
IMG_1165.PNG

Jarrod Bell

Feb 1, 2015, 10:44:47 PM2/1/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for sharing your work as usual! The community really benefits from this!

As for the image issue - perhaps look into the "clear image on URL change" option.
If you disable this, then you could first load the "Audio CD.png" file before requesting any dynamic URL.
This way, the default image is displayed, then the image should not change if a 404 reply is received.

"Remember last GUI file" setting should not interfere with this process - as this only relates to if you have multiple GUI files loaded in cache.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Vladimir Shabunin

Feb 2, 2015, 11:23:41 AM2/2/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com, jar...@commandfusion.com
I have this option disabled and Preload image setting is on, but it don't help. So its not so big trouble.

I fixed an issue with updating playlist so now basic functional is done, other I will add as it will be needed. And now I'm starting to work with VideoStation =)

Tulio

Feb 3, 2015, 8:43:33 AM2/3/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com, jar...@commandfusion.com
Vladimir, what if you have a extra subpage for caching images, you could put the Audio CD.png there to guarantee the file is in project when you need it.

I don´t have means to test your project or even knowledge to analyse it, but maybe your problem is just a cache problem. In my projects, I always use a extra subpage  to cache everything I need to call later (joins and images)

thanks for sharing your expertise.

Túlio

Andy Greaves

Feb 3, 2015, 4:59:48 PM2/3/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vladimir,

Firstly, thank you for sharing this with the group, I will hopefully find this really useful as I install Synology drives on most of my projects.

I gave your GUI a very quick try yesterday evening at home and I couldn't get it to connect to my drive.

I changed the IP address and gave it admin login details in the JS file.  My NAS is running Audiostation and plays music fine directly in a web browser, but for some reason the GUI didn't show any connections to anything.  Is there something else I need to do or is it literally just those first few details in the JS file?

I will try it again tomorrow to see if I can find out what's going on.

Thanks

Andy.

Vladimir Shabunin

Feb 3, 2015, 5:07:15 PM2/3/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Do you run with debugger? If yes can you share logs?
Did you add your device licence information to project?

Andy Greaves

Feb 3, 2015, 5:59:21 PM2/3/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Ah Good point about the licence!  I don't think I added it in.

It was a real rush, but I was so excited to see what you had done I had to give it a try before I went out!

I'll try it again tomorrow and make sure the licence is added and also run debugger just in case.

Andy.

Vladimir Shabunin

Feb 4, 2015, 2:50:18 AM2/4/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
You may test also a preview version of VideoStation module.

I do it only two days so it support only browsing movies and editing metadata. If you use VideoStation web interface then you should know that if VS didn't find metadata automaticaly then you can press Action - Edit info - Find in internet, type title of film and you will get a list of movies  that was found. Native iOS and Android applications don't have this functional but it may useful don't open browser to edit metadata. So I did this function. All you have to do it is open movie, press edit cinema details, type title of film, press search one time and then wait (it may take a long time - few minutes as if searching from web interface). When list of films appears you just click proper item and in open page check metadata, press Save one time and then wait again. When saving ends, you will be returned to movie details page.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxj7HoMDh6AzOFlGV2tuNVkzNVk/view?usp=sharing

I attach few screenshots.

среда, 4 февраля 2015 г., 1:59:21 UTC+3 пользователь Andy Greaves написал:
IMG_1192.PNG
IMG_1195.PNG
IMG_1197.PNG

Vladimir Shabunin

Feb 12, 2015, 11:56:55 PM2/12/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Update.
https://github.com/shabunin/cf-ds-video here you can find module for videostation. Support work with movies. Tv shows and home videos I will add later.
You can browse, search, edit movie information, send movie to external player. I don't test it with tv that support dlna but I'm sure that everything is ok because we send all requests directly to Synology and ask player list from Synology too
Few more screenshots attached.

среда, 4 февраля 2015 г., 10:50:18 UTC+3 пользователь Vladimir Shabunin написал:
IMG_1222.PNG
IMG_1219.PNG
IMG_1221.PNG

Vladimir Shabunin

Feb 13, 2015, 7:49:41 PM2/13/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Demonstation: http://youtu.be/GzxxV_s3gxYhttp://youtu.be/uCIVzPvCmBo

Nouv Dep

Feb 15, 2015, 8:28:13 AM2/15/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Vladimir, great work, I don't use audio station or video station, but I do use surveillance station, any plans to make a plugin for this?

Vladimir Shabunin

Feb 15, 2015, 9:49:46 AM2/15/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Not now, may be in one-two months when project with ss will start.

Nouv Dep

Feb 15, 2015, 1:35:49 PM2/15/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
2 month sound good enough for me, I would be happy to help testing if needed...

Versachik

Mar 18, 2015, 10:56:09 AM3/18/15
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Владимир, добрый день!
У меня есть несколько вопросов к Вам, возможно Вам это тоже будет интересно.
Мне хотелось бы связаться с Вами напрямую, если это возможно.
Вот мой email ev (этсамое) avc.ru
C уважением, Евгений.