Serial Feedback

Andy

Aug 21, 2019, 9:59:29 PM8/21/19
to CommandFusion Software

Is there a way to differentiate­­ incoming serial messages on different serial ports?

I have a DIN-MOD4 with COM module installed.
Port 1 is configured for RS422 and is Connected to a 12x12 Video Matrix.
Port 3 is configured for RS422 and is Connected to a 40x40 Video Matrix.
Both are the same brand so have the same feedback syntax.

Can Feedback be configured for each port?

Cheers

Andy

Jarrod Bell

Aug 21, 2019, 10:14:44 PM8/21/19
to comman...@googlegroups.com
The feedback will contain the module number and port number:
http://commandfusion.com/wiki2/hardware/cflink/com-module-cflink-documentation#spr-read-serial-data

In your feedback regex make sure to escape the pipe character with a backslash like \|, because the pipe char is a special regex character and needs escaping to match against the literal pipe character in the data.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Andy

Aug 21, 2019, 11:00:02 PM8/21/19
to CommandFusion Software
Thanks for your reply Jarrod,

I have the following regex  ->> [S][:][0][0][,](.)
How can I capture the port prefix?

Capture.JPG

Cheers
Andy

Jarrod Bell

Aug 21, 2019, 11:14:51 PM8/21/19
to comman...@googlegroups.com
A regex like this should work to only capture data from Module 1, Port 1:

M1\|P01:.*?S:00,(.)

The square brackets are not needed.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell