Feature Request - Bluetooth Low Energy JS API

Michael Carter

Sep 10, 2013, 5:24:49 PM9/10/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Both iOS and Android have BLE APIs. Bluetooth Low Energy could be used for low power sensors, light controllers, etc, etc. A JS API for this would be awesome! I'll make another post with a proposed API if this is something you guys would consider pursuing.

Jarrod Bell

Sep 10, 2013, 7:25:01 PM9/10/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Definitely consider it - let us know more details on what you would expect/need from the API.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

On 11/09/13 7:24 AM, Michael Carter wrote:
Both iOS and Android have BLE APIs. Bluetooth Low Energy could be used for low power sensors, light controllers, etc, etc. A JS API for this would be awesome! I'll make another post with a proposed API if this is something you guys would consider pursuing.

Grid Sound and Screen

Feb 3, 2014, 8:54:06 PM2/3/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com, jar...@commandfusion.com
Google Chrome Apps (JS) have an experimental API for Bluetooth / BLE. Obviously this is for HTML5 apps, but this API is a good example of what you would need for this feature. Chrome Apps have also arrived for mobile devices, and Google is actively developing Cordova/PhoneGap plugins for Android and iOS. This means that an iOS Cordova plugin is likely coming soon. Their open source implementation might be helpful to you.