Updating from Galaxy Tab S3 (Android 4.2.2 - iViewer 4.0.201) to Galaxy Tab S7 FE (Android 12 - iViewer 5.0.7) issue 1- iViewer Namespace change?

M Z

Sep 6, 2022, 11:41:34 AM9/6/22
to CommandFusion Software
On my Galaxy Tab S3, I had written a program that launched iViewer when the WiFi on the Tab connected to a network. I used the namespace "com.commandfusion.droidviewer" to get the launch intent for iViewer. This was working.

However, on the Galaxy Tab S7 FE, when I try to get the launch intent for iViewer using the namesapace "com.commandfusion.droidviewer" the launch intent comes back null, and I cannot execute the command to launch iViewer.

I subsequently put in code to get a list of all installed packages on the S7 FE, and even though I loaded the iVewier 5.0.7 APK, it is listed in the S7 FEs settings page under apps, and I can launch it and downloaded the iViewer config from my PC, I do not see any listing for iViewer in the list of installed packages that is obvious. I might have missed it since there are some 280 apps installed on the S7 FE - including my own app to launch iViewer.

Has the namespace for iViewer changed from "com.commandfusion.droidviewer" to something else? If so, what is the new namespace? Or could this be a side effect of not loading the APK from the Play Store?

Thanks.

My apologies. I have another issue that I am going to post, but I want to keep them as separate threads to avoid confusion.

M Z

Sep 8, 2022, 12:55:43 PM9/8/22
to CommandFusion Software
I figured this out. I needed to add this section to the application manifest xml file

    <queries>

        <package android:name="com.commandfusion.droidviewer" />

    </queries>

Once I added this section, the launch intent came back non-null, and the code I wrote to launch iViewer worked properly.

Thanks anyway!

Now if only I can figure out why the command to the LAN Bridge is not working, I would be in good shape for the move to the Galaxy Tab S7 FE.