Commands to control sat receiver over IP

Guillaume Vigneron

Dec 22, 2013, 5:02:55 AM12/22/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have a satellite receiver called "Amiko Alien 2" that runs on the linux OS "Spark".

This receiver can be controlled via an iphone/android app, so I have good hopes to control it via iViewer :) I just can't find any documentation for which command to send... I've try to reverse the (free) android app code and found the following:
    <public type="id" name="Button2" id="0x7f080004" />
    <public type="id" name="Button3" id="0x7f080005" />
    <public type="id" name="ButtonVolP" id="0x7f080006" />
    <public type="id" name="Button4" id="0x7f080007" />
    <public type="id" name="Button5" id="0x7f080008" />
    <public type="id" name="Button6" id="0x7f080009" />
    <public type="id" name="ButtonVolM" id="0x7f08000a" />

Can I somehow use this code? Does anyone have already a list of commands for this device?

Thanks for your help,
Guillaume

Jarrod Bell

Dec 22, 2013, 6:56:20 AM12/22/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Can you explain further how you reverse engineered the communications? Maybe a wireshark log or something.
The info in your message is not enough to help.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Guillaume Vigneron

Dec 22, 2013, 12:06:38 PM12/22/13
to comman...@googlegroups.com, jar...@commandfusion.com
I just decompile the android app, at least part of it. I don't have any android device so unfortunately I can't use wireshark (the iPhone app isn't free..).
If I can't find any help, I'll buy the iPhone app and try intercepting the commands.

Edwin

Jan 3, 2014, 4:20:26 PM1/3/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guillaume,

just so happens that I looked into this particular receiver today! It is linux based and will take an Enigma2 image (open source operating system for linux based cable/sat boxes).

Enigma2 includes a standard web control interface based on HTTP.
Here is the documentation:

Not something I've played around with before, so I can't offer any real world experience unfortunately, but I believe a few forum members have some experience with it.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Edwin

Guillaume Vigneron

Jan 3, 2014, 4:36:12 PM1/3/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi Edwin, thanks for the update :)

I know this receiver can run on both Spark or Enigma2, but I've never tried Enigma2 (lots of people complain(ed) about its stability). I'm not sure if it is interesting to switch now, just for the control over IP, but I'll take a look at the links you sent me.

For now, I've pulled a 50meters Cat6 cable from my home cinema (where my iTach stays) to the living room so I can control this receiver via IR.

I'll keep digging the subject as soon as I have some time for that and let you know about my progress on this tread.

Thanks again,
Guillaume

husa550

Jan 4, 2014, 9:59:07 AM1/4/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi

This wiki explain how Enigma2 http-commands works

An example how my OK command look like:
GET /web/remotecontrol?command=352 HTTP/1.1\x0D\x0AHOST: 192.168.0.101\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A

This is used on a Dreambox DM800HD but will probably work on all satreciever using Enigma 2.

Eric Wiersma

Jan 5, 2014, 3:12:42 PM1/5/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guillaume,

I have a dreambox with enigma2 on it.
I have an Exel file with all the codes I know, and hope I can attach it to this message.
it also has all the codes of an Onkyo receiver for who is interested.

Eric

Op zondag 22 december 2013 11:02:55 UTC+1 schreef Guillaume Vigneron:

For information, services and offers, please visit our web site: http://www.klm.com.
This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee only.
If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed,
and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.
If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message.

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.
Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands,
with registered number 33014286
OnkyoDreambox.xlsx

Guillaume Vigneron

Jan 5, 2014, 4:37:10 PM1/5/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Nice, thank you very much Eric.
My receiver is not yet on Enigma (still running Spark) but I'll definitely give a try when I'll time for that.

I also understood they was a way to get the EPG as feedback...which becomes really interesting for me! Let me know if you've tried this ;)

Thanks again.
Regards,
Guillaume

Aaron

Jan 5, 2014, 5:45:21 PM1/5/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, I have added this info to our wiki http://www.commandfusion.com/wiki2/software/knowledge-base/brand-knowledge-base/amiko-alien-2

Let me know if you are interested in editing this yourself (we are happy for you to help update this) and I can organise to give you editing rights.

Eric Wiersma

Jan 6, 2014, 10:55:40 AM1/6/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com

No problem :-)

Try this link, it also had the EPG request.

Eric

Guillaume Vigneron

Jan 6, 2014, 11:18:50 AM1/6/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron,
I can definitely help building this documentation as soon as I start working on this.

Aaron

Jan 6, 2014, 9:58:02 PM1/6/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Ok, when you are ready sign up on the wiki and let me know your username. I will give you editing rights.

Roman

Jan 7, 2014, 1:14:22 AM1/7/14
to commandfusion

Enigma2 ip control with CF  https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrc4jhn7fk8165c/CommandFusion%20VU%2BDUO%C2%A0%E2%80%94%20720p.mov. It's my very old project. I can try to find sources if needed.

Guillaume Vigneron

Jan 7, 2014, 2:23:16 AM1/7/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Awseome Roman, would be really great if you could find the source files :)

I just installed enigma2 on my receiver and start working on it, indeed it seems very well made for integration!

Roman

Jan 9, 2014, 4:29:06 AM1/9/14
to commandfusion

2014/1/7 Guillaume Vigneron <vef...@gmail.com>
Awseome Roman, would be really great if you could find the source files :)

I just installed enigma2 on my receiver and start working on it, indeed it seems very well made for integration!

Guillaume Vigneron

Jan 9, 2014, 10:19:32 AM1/9/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot! I'll give it a try :)

Guillaume Vigneron

Jan 12, 2014, 6:22:35 AM1/12/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I update this post with a small contribution: dynamic channel list project GUI. This GUI will work with most of the receivers with Enigma2 operating system (dreambox-like)

The attached GUI has the following functionalities:
- get the list of bouquets from the receiver
- display then the list of channels within a bouquet when selecting a bouquet
- zap to the selected channel.

Sat_Channel_list.rar

Guillaume Vigneron

Jan 12, 2014, 11:45:10 AM1/12/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Another project I just made,a bit more complete than the previous one:
- get list of bouquets
- get list of channels within the bouquets
- display the current program beside the channel name
- display selected program details (duration, time left, description, next program title+description)
- zap to selected channel

Screenshot and project attached.
Enjoy :)

Real EPG to come...
Satellite.rar

husa550

Jan 12, 2014, 12:23:55 PM1/12/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Look's great!

Will try it later this week!

Thank's!

Guillaume Vigneron

Jan 12, 2014, 2:00:51 PM1/12/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
You're welcome.

I'm not too good with the design, but functionalities are there. If you think you can make it nicer, feel free to share ;)

Eric Wiersma

Jan 14, 2014, 10:23:22 AM1/14/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Guillaume your the man :-)

Keep on posting all those useful goodies.
The only thing II am missing on my Dreambox is a good EPG and this will help a lot.

Eric

Op zondag 12 januari 2014 20:00:51 UTC+1 schreef Guillaume Vigneron:
You're welcome.

I'm not too good with the design, but functionalities are there. If you think you can make it nicer, feel free to share ;)

Guillaume Vigneron

Jan 14, 2014, 2:52:42 PM1/14/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
:)

I'm glad if this can help, at least as examples to build your own ;) A full EPG is not easy to handle with the data provided by this receiver, but I'll try. I also have a MPC-HC module  soon ready if anyone interested. (to use with/or without the XBMC module available on Github, especially for the "play now" part of it)

Владимир Александрович Шабунин

Jan 15, 2014, 5:23:35 PM1/15/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I also tried to control GM990 with Spark(not E2) one year ago and found how to get channel list.

At first you need autorization : "POST,/psw_check.html?username=root&password=root"
then - get groups list "GET, /json/get_ok_list?group1="+cFirstGroup+"&group2="+cSecondGroup //default 0 0
you will get json with first and second group list and channel list for selected groups cFirstGroup,cSecondGroup - it's index in list if i remember right
and when select channel : "GET, /webstv/video.html?op=1&channelIndex="+channelNum. channelNum must be number of channel described by first four symbols in channel name. for example if name is "0005. TestTV" - channelNum must be 0005;

i discovered this by looking Spark WebInterface source that i found somewhere in Spark FTP.
I stopped my work because sometimes my spark stopped work and didn't respond even for remote.

Niklas Johansson

Jul 19, 2014, 7:02:34 PM7/19/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com

Den söndagen den 12:e januari 2014 kl. 17:45:10 UTC+1 skrev Guillaume Vigneron:

Thank's for your EPG programming!
Havent had time until now to test it but works great!
Using it with a Dreambox DM800HD and Latest Newnigma image.

I am wondering if it is possible to incorporate channel logos from this site:

http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/tvcountry/se_1.html

There are pretty much every channel logo man can ask for.

Guillaume Vigneron

Aug 18, 2014, 5:30:18 AM8/18/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I just passed by and saw your message. I can see two solutions:
  -download the logos and host them on your local network on a web server so they are accessible via http. You would then find a way to match the channel with the logo (file name?) in order to display the correct logo with the correct channel
  -do something similar but accessing to the website you mentioned. I believe this will be quite tricky to end-up with the correct logo, plus this web-site might change in the future and your links will get broken

Good luck!