Re: Comics Bar Camp Belfast

Andrew Luke

Aug 31, 2011, 12:40:07 PM8/31/11
to James, comicsbarcampbelfast
Hi James,

Unfortunately we've two days before the camp. Otherwise, that sounds ideal given the bags provide a functional use and extra for attendees. Perhaps we could bear it in mind for a future event if we give you more advance notice?

The pre-camp admin is too poorly de-centralised for me to take on another sponsor and treat them properly. I've had a few chats  about events like this in Dublin, London and Brighton over the next year, so you never know.

Thanks for getting back to me anyhow.

Warm regards

Andy

On 31 August 2011 09:21, James <jam...@intellectbooks.com> wrote:
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your email. Time and money are both a bit tight at the moment and we don’t usually go in for sponsorship deals but I have recycled cotton Intellect logo bags that you could use for delegate bags or give away and I have some flyers  for our journal Studies in Comics that I would like to include, what kind of reimbursement would you want to include either or both of these promotional materials?

Regards

James

James Campbell | Marketing Executive

A: Intellect, The Mill, Parnall Rd, Fishponds, Bristol BS16 3JG, UK
E: ja...@intellectbooks.com
W: www.intellectbooks.co.uk
T: +44 (0) 117 958 9916

On 26/08/2011 15:41, "Andrew Luke" <drew...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi James,

I was handed your details by Ian Hague of the Leeds Thought Bubble. I'm putting together Comics Bar Camp Belfast, a spontaneously organised creative business conference on September 3rd. I'd like Intellect to be involved in sponsorship of the event. The mix of local, national and international agencies backing this first of a kind event is a unique opportunity to show investment and co-operation within Northern Ireland's infrastructure.

We have already secured our vital needs funding and while cash is welcome, a Intellect sponsorship could take other forms. Supplies of pen and paper for attendees, or folders for the event. We have confirmed a small turn-out of around 50 and have availability for 150. (Most of the development seems to be snowballing over this final fortnight) I've personally invited over 500 people and written a dozen articles on the event, drawn comics and spoken on local radio about it. This is the first comics event in the bar camp format perhaps in the world. Bar Camp sponsorship is a simple token to say to creatives if you learn from this experience in managing your business, the world of business will work with you. Backing from Intellect would increase our profile considerably.

Planned for the event are talks from representatives of national investment bodies (Arts Council NI), social entrepreneur schemes (UnLtd Millenium Awards), national media (NI Screen) as well as people from marketing, design, publishing, and comics creators amateur to professional. We've already gained sponsorship from local creative hub Blick Studios, the internet's first download comics shop, DriveThruComics.com. I'm just preparing to announce support from Paper Tiger Comics and Roger Sabin. (On that note, if there is any promotional material on Intellect's Studies in Comics journal, I'd love you to forward that)

Sponsorship gets a company the following: An A1 sized logo on site; six or more A4 notices in the venue with the company logo; company logos placed on our website; announcement of sponsorship guaranteed across more than four comics news-sites (minimum 1,000 hits); press releases sent out locally; Company logo would be on all presentations posted online after the event, mentions on audio feeds, and if we manage a live or recorded video feed of the event. You'd get thanks at the opening and closing speeches and if we get to printing T-shirts, pens and mugs, there'll also be a mention. Higher tier sponsors will also receive the same benefits at Barcamp Comics Dublin to be scheduled for early 2012.

Thanks for taking the time to read up on this. If you'd like to know more, do get in touch.with me via email or phone at +447783129431 or visit http://comicsbarcampbelfast.pbworks.com

Regards

Andy Luke

Project Manager, Absence http://absencecomic.com

Planning Committee, Comics Barcamp Belfast
http://comicsbarcampbelfast.pbworks.com