Keen New Comics Creator

comix noob

Jul 30, 2011, 9:36:07 AM7/30/11
to comicsbarcampbelfast
This is exactly what I've been waiting for.

I've been a long time reader and collector of comics from all over the
world. This last year or so I've had the urge to produce my own - I
feel I've stories to tell, stories I feel can be best expressed in the
comic format. However, this is where my intent meets my lack of
pragmatism - in that I haven't the first clue even about compiling a
booklet, let alone the distribution, print costs, digital distribution
etc.

While having an expansive experience in comics of different genres and
style I feel I would benefit from learning about the 'aesthetic' of
comics creation. I think this is what I'd be coming for the most. I'm
familiar with Will Simpson's work on 2000AD for example and am looking
forward to getting an introduction to panel layout, composing panels
on a page etc - what counts and what doesn't.

So like I say - can't wait. Roll on September!

Andrew Luke

Aug 2, 2011, 9:02:53 PM8/2/11
to comicsbarc...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like you could well be at the right place. We''ve already people on board to cover some of the business and creative aspects and are looking for a few more. So tell people about Barcamp, and Sign Up!