[ccsg] What was the first comic shop in Singapore?

Dave Chua

Apr 26, 2010, 5:38:10 AM4/26/10
to Comics Community Singapore
http://www.sgcollect.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=62759&st=0

Some interesting recollections..

Dave

Terence Chua

Apr 26, 2010, 5:46:29 AM4/26/10
to comics-cr...@googlegroups.com
The first dedicated comic store in Singapore was the Comic Shop, in
Delfi Orchard c. 1983. I say dedicated because Leisurecraft was still
a games shop that incidentally sold comics. The one at Delfi didn't
last very long - couple of years at most, before Comics Mart came to
prominence.
----------
Terence Chua terenc...@gmail.com
WWW: http://www.khaosworks.org
Weblog: http://khaosworks.livejournal.com
"Certum est, quia impossibile est."

B0N0V0X

Nov 4, 2014, 12:36:34 AM11/4/14
to comics-cr...@googlegroups.com
There's an interesting thread ongoing in the Facebook group "Singapore Comics Kaki" reminiscing on the the Singapore comic shops, past and present.

Incidentally, Adrian Boon who owned the first comic shop at Delfi is now a pilot with SIA.

Regards