Looking for artist for social realism comic

Johny Tay

Jan 30, 2014, 9:32:58 AM1/30/14
to comics-cr...@googlegroups.com
Good morning everyone.

I am looking for an accomplished S'porean comic artist to make a social realism comic. We will pitch to NAC for funding. I am in touch with them and the odds of obtaining funding is quite high.

The story is about the inner struggles of men undergoing NS and being labelled 'unfit' or 'less than men' due to their prevailing health/mental conditions. This is social realism; intense drama. Struggles with 'the system'. In other words, it is very different from 'Ah Boys to Men'.

I need someone who has proven ability to make comics are professional level, excellent with facial expressions and environment details, and good at making such a genre. Probably needs to be a guy who understands the NS context, but not necessary.

Please share this call with friends.

For a overview of my comic writing/storytelling experience, see this page: http://johnytay.net/creations

Happy new year!
Johny (based in Toronto)