Starving Artist Fair (28 May 2016)

JF

May 24, 2016, 8:33:59 AM5/24/16
to Comics Community Singapore
Starving Artist Fair is a bimonthly festival of independent comics, illustrations, toys, talks and workshops. Come and support your favourite local artists and creators who will be selling original comics and related artworks, merchandise and toys!

There will also be talks and workshops for anyone interested in comics, drawing and storytelling.

Sat 28 May 2016
12pm - 9pm

Venue:
*SCAPE, Level 5 SCAPEmedia Hub
2 Orchard Link #05-05, Singapore 237978

For the latest updated details of artists booths, lightning talks and workshops, please visit:
http://starvingartistfair.com/

Talks & Workshops

12:30pm-1:30pm How To Pitch Your Comics
by Kelly Bender
Admission: Free
Venue: Arena Room
2pm-4pm Lightning Talks
Free admission, main booth area
  • Insights from the first Starving Artist Fair -- JF Koh
  • Being Vs. Doing: Why building your voice and personality is as important as building your artistic skills -- Brice Richard
  • Chewytoons and creating LINE stickers -- Alan Bay
  • A Dream come true: Making of a comic book -- David Goei
  • Sculpting Statues for Fun and Profit -- Kelvin Chan
  • Should I quit my day job to be a full time artist? -- Andy Choo
  • [Topic to be announced] -- Aaron Lin
  • Concept of "Self-portrait as Carnival" -- Cassandra Koh
4:30pm-5:30pm Digital Speed Painting Workshop: Fantasy Characters
by Kaiju Dojo
Admission: Free
Venue: Arena Room
6pm-7pm Workshop: Illustration process with Gary Choo, Cover Artist for Marvel Comics
Admission: Pay-what-you-want
Venue: Arena Room
7:30-8:30pm Best Practices when working with Comics Editors
by Jerry Hinds
Admission: Pay-what-you-want
Venue: Arena Room