Panelgraph comics meet-up: Sun 28 Feb 2016

JF

Feb 23, 2016, 9:06:48 AM2/23/16
to Comics Community Singapore
Panelgraph Meeting, Feb 2016: Romance + Lightning Talks

Sunday, 28 Feb 2016
2pm - 6pm
Toa Payoh Public Library, level 3, Programme Zone
6 Toa Payoh Central, Singapore 319191

Programme line-up
---------------------------
Part 1: Create Comics
Part 2: Knowledge-sharing / Lightning Talks

Part 1: Create Comics
-------------------------------------

2pm - 5pm

Start on a new story or continue a work-in-progress. Bring your own laptop / art material and work on your submissions. Panelgraph's ongoing theme is "Transformation" -- all submissions should interpret this idea.

If you need more inspiration, this month's bonus theme is "Romance".  Come up with story concepts that involve a romance plot and the theme "Transformation".

Please do homework:
- Gather reference images
- Read stories, comics or watch shows to get story ideas

Part 2: Knowledge-sharing / Lightning Talks

5pm - 6pm
(Followed by dinner at Toa Payoh Central food court)

Comics viral memes:
JF will share some observations of real-world examples of viral memes which can be applied to comics, in order to create outrageous, attention-grabbing viral story titles.

Starving Artist Fair:
Wu Huijie will talk about the new bimonthly Starving Artist Fair starting on 26 March 2016, which we are organizing at *Scape (www.starvingartistfair.com)

5 reasons why a comic artist should collaborate on a comic project:
Derek Chua will share some thoughts after a recent collaboration on a comics project.

If you're like to give a 5-minute lightning talk, please contact JF!

About Panelgraph Showcase

"Panelgraph Showcase" is a free online bimonthly comics anthology for writers and artists to hone the craft of creating original comics. We meet every month to make friends, work on our contributions and share knowledge.

If creating stories using words and pictures with like-minded creators sounds like fun, this is the place for you. Pitch ideas, get feedback, find collaborators, learn and share.

We focus on science fiction, fantasy, horror and other popular genres. We like heroes, villains, babes, monsters, robots, ninja, zombies, time travel, adventure, romance, comedy, anything larger than life. We avoid small personal stories set in HDB heartlands.