Missing cometd 5.0.0 Jar artifact?

Stephen Starkey

Jun 1, 2020, 3:50:43 PM6/1/20
to cometd-users
Greetings,

I'm attempting to build an application that relies on cometd, using the following dependency declaration:

implementation 'org.cometd.java:cometd-java-client:5.0.0'

When gradle resolves the dependency, all I get in my cache is a POM file. I do not receive a JAR file.

When I browse Sonatype for version 5.0.0, I don't see a JAR file either.

Where do I go to get this artifact? I'd rather not use an older version, as it's listed on your website as end-of-life.

Thanks,

Stephen.

Simone Bordet

Jun 1, 2020, 3:53:15 PM6/1/20
to cometd-users
Hi,
CometD 5 shuffled around artifact names to better align with JPMS and
rationalize them also in light of different client implementations.
Please read the migration guide:
https://docs.cometd.org/current/reference/#_migration_40_to_50

--
Simone Bordet