Naive question around support for Jetty Reactive support

Peter Grazaitis

Apr 14, 2023, 11:12:06 AM4/14/23
to cometd-dev
Has anybody tried leveraging the Jetty Reactive class to wrap the HttpClient in CometD? Ultimately trying to incorporate Spring WebClient support.

Simone Bordet

Apr 14, 2023, 11:13:25 AM4/14/23
to comet...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 14, 2023 at 5:12 PM Peter Grazaitis <pgraz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anybody tried leveraging the Jetty Reactive class to wrap the HttpClient in CometD? Ultimately trying to incorporate Spring WebClient support.

Spring WebClient already supports Jetty Reactive HttpClient.

Can you detail what problems you have?

--
Simone Bordet
---

Peter Grazaitis

Apr 14, 2023, 9:46:56 PM4/14/23
to cometd-dev
Well, I had pulled code around Salesforce's EMP Connector and it looks like that references CometD 4.0.4 which had LongPollingTransport hardcoding the non-reactive Jetty HTTP Client. In searching the latest version of CometD seems to have deprecated that class and I believe I need to dig around and see how to upfit the EMP Connector.  If you have any good documentation around that you could point me to that would be great!

Thanks,

-Pete G

Simone Bordet

Apr 15, 2023, 5:27:03 AM4/15/23
to comet...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Sat, Apr 15, 2023 at 3:46 AM Peter Grazaitis <pgraz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I had pulled code around Salesforce's EMP Connector and it looks like that references CometD 4.0.4 which had LongPollingTransport hardcoding the non-reactive Jetty HTTP Client.

You still don't say why you need to wrap `HttpClient` into "reactive".
Jetty's HttpClient is fully non-blocking, so you don't need any
"reactive" if you don't plan to use the reactive APIs (because they
will be hidden by CometD and possibly by EMP).

--
Simone Bordet
----