CometD 5.0.3, 6.0.0 and 7.0.0 Released

Simone Bordet

Dec 21, 2020, 4:35:47 PM12/21/20
to cometd-users, cometd-dev
Hi all,

CometD 5.0.3, 6.0.0 and 7.0.0 have been released.

CometD 5.0.3 is a bugfix release in the 5.0.x series, with performance
and stability improvements, especially for server WebSocket
transports.
The list of fixed issues: https://github.com/cometd/cometd/projects/16

For CometD 6.0.0 and 7.0.0, I recommend you read the blog where I
detail about what they are and their support with respect to Jetty and
Jakarta EE:
https://webtide.com/cometd-5-0-3-6-0-0-and-7-0-0/

Any questions, ask away!

Enjoy!

--
Simone Bordet
----

Baljeet Singh

Jan 21, 2021, 5:01:29 AM1/21/21
to cometd-dev
Hi Simon/Developers,
I am trying to migrate an existing maven based salesforce connector project(https://github.com/forcedotcom/EMP-Connector)  which is build on  cometd-java-client-4.0.4 to cometD 5.0.3 version. Since there are lot of changes in the Migrating from CometD 4.0.x to CometD 5.0.x, i am not able to get all the required dependency which should work with  cometD 5.0.3 .
Following is the dependency in the pom.xml which is defined for cometd-java-client-4.0.4.

 <dependency>
            <groupId>org.cometd.java</groupId>
            <artifactId>cometd-java-client</artifactId>
            <version>4.0.4</version>
        </dependency>

Can you please help me identifying the exact version of the dependent jars which will help me to build the project with cometD 5.0.3.

Thanks
Baljeet

Simone Bordet

Jan 21, 2021, 6:52:43 AM1/21/21
to cometd-dev
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 11:01 AM Baljeet Singh <baljeet...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Simon/Developers,
> I am trying to migrate an existing maven based salesforce connector project(https://github.com/forcedotcom/EMP-Connector) which is build on cometd-java-client-4.0.4 to cometD 5.0.3 version. Since there are lot of changes in the Migrating from CometD 4.0.x to CometD 5.0.x, i am not able to get all the required dependency which should work with cometD 5.0.3 .

There are 9 artifact changes in the migration guide, and the one
you're interested in is number 6.

> Following is the dependency in the pom.xml which is defined for cometd-java-client-4.0.4.
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.cometd.java</groupId>
> <artifactId>cometd-java-client</artifactId>
> <version>4.0.4</version>
> </dependency>
>
> Can you please help me identifying the exact version of the dependent jars which will help me to build the project with cometD 5.0.3.

As specified in the migration guide you linked, you need to replace
`cometd-java-client` with `cometd-java-client-common` and then pick a
transport, for example `cometd-java-client-http-jetty`.

Baljeet Singh

Jan 21, 2021, 8:32:56 AM1/21/21
to comet...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Simone for your response.
Baljeet

Visit the CometD website at http://www.cometd.org

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cometd-dev" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cometd-dev/CAFWmRJ0vUDzRWAzVyTpWeecUkLhtb9nui7rFfz9%3D-qRxYRoKQQ%40mail.gmail.com.