Cometd for voice calls

Vedachalam Muralidharan

Aug 25, 2022, 9:25:11 AM8/25/22
to cometd-dev
1. In the current scenario we are using Skype for forwarding the voice call to the respective user by pulling the user details from active directory. Initially we used SignalR, now Skype has replaced SignalR. So can we use Cometd as replacement for Skype. Since Skype is moving out of the organisation.

2. How to handle the message that are lost when the node crashes, pls provide suggestion

Thanks in Advance
Murali

Simone Bordet

Aug 25, 2022, 9:28:28 AM8/25/22
to cometd-dev
Hi,
Sorry it's not clear what you're talking about.
The subject is about voice calls, but you're asking about different things.

--
Simone Bordet
---

Vedachalam Muralidharan

Aug 25, 2022, 10:04:31 AM8/25/22
to comet...@googlegroups.com
Cometd can be used for voice calls, pls clarify

Thanks & regards
Murali

Visit the CometD website at http://www.cometd.org

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cometd-dev" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cometd-dev/CAFWmRJ1KTiS8NNPhVOu4-TqoP8Vj8rwtCOxUrgvhnT%2B_WBysjA%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Thanks and regards
Murali

Simone Bordet

Aug 25, 2022, 10:56:35 AM8/25/22
to cometd-dev
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 4:04 PM Vedachalam Muralidharan
<vmura...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Cometd can be used for voice calls, pls clarify

CometD message payloads are in JSON format, but CometD supports binary
by encoding via Z85, please read the documentation:
https://docs.cometd.org/current/reference/#_concepts_binary_data.

Other than allowing you to carry binary data, there is no other
support specifically for audio, so you have to implement your own
protocol at the application level if you want something more.
For example, you may want to request audio bytes starting at a certain
time. At the application level you will have to specify a JSON field
that indicates the start time.
Similarly, in the response you may want to indicate a range (bytes or
time) of the audio bytes, so you can feed an audio player.

Same goes for buffering, you have to implement it in the application.

Vedachalam Muralidharan

Aug 25, 2022, 11:44:13 AM8/25/22
to comet...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the clarification, that helps a lot.

Regards
Murali

Visit the CometD website at http://www.cometd.org

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "cometd-dev" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cometd-dev/CAFWmRJ0AiNLC-ijAKQs71O1vsycovUs75vAwGOk3aWgdt1ibNQ%40mail.gmail.com.