Met-loss and Met-loss+Acetyl modifications

Jannik Schneider

Feb 2, 2024, 7:00:16 AMFeb 2
to Comet ms/ms db search support
Hello everyone,

I have a problem when I try to include these two variable modifications. So I want to include these:
Screenshot 2024-02-02 125809.png
And this is my approach:
variable_mod03 = -131.040485 n 0 3 0 0 0 0.0 # Met-loss on residue M of protein's N-terminus
variable_mod04 = -89.029920 n 0 3 0 0 0 0.0 # Met-loss + Acetyl on residue M of protein's N-terminus

I also tried it with "nM" instead but I still get a segmentation fault, when I try to run comet. Does somebody know whats wrong?

Thanks for your time and help

Jannik Schneider

Feb 2, 2024, 7:45:26 AMFeb 2
to Comet ms/ms db search support
Sorry, the original picture is wrong. I meant those:
Screenshot 2024-02-02 134447.png

Jimmy Eng

Feb 22, 2024, 5:11:47 PMFeb 22
to Comet ms/ms db search support
Sorry I wasn't aware of this post as I never got notification of it (as well as others since January).  Anyways, for anyone else interested in this topic, it was covered here.